STACEY ABRAMS: I ‘Wouldn’t Oppose’ Allowing Non-Citizens, 16-Year-Olds Right to Vote

Originally published at: STACEY ABRAMS: I ‘Wouldn’t Oppose’ Allowing Non-Citizens, 16-Year-Olds Right to Vote | Sean Hannity

Failed Georgia gubernatorial Candidate Stacey Abrams raised eyebrows throughout the state over the weekend; saying she “wouldn’t oppose” non-citizens voting in local elections and would potentially expand the right to 16-year-old students.

Abrams was speaking with ‘Firing Line’ host Margaret Hoover when she was asked to comment on the growing trend of municipalities allowing undocumented residents the right to vote in citywide elections.

Fmr. Georgia gubernatorial candidate @staceyabrams says she “wouldn’t oppose” non-citizens voting in some local elections this week on #FiringLineShowPBS. pic.twitter.com/6Z5E4B7WQO

— Firing Line with Margaret Hoover (@FiringLineShow) January 12, 2019

“In some cases, you would be supportive of non-citizens voting?” asked Hoover.

“I wouldn’t oppose it. I actually think there are some cases where 16-year-olds should be allowed to cast their vote and cast their ballot. I think school board elections, where kids actually got to speak to the decisions made by the school board members… I think there’s a legitimate argument for having that conversation,” said Abrams.

What should we do about this?