SPIN ZONE: Pelosi Says Democrat ‘Won Campaign’ but ‘Lost Election’ in North Carolina

Originally published at: SPIN ZONE: Pelosi Says Democrat ‘Won Campaign’ but ‘Lost Election’ in North Carolina | Sean Hannity

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi left millions of viewers scratching their heads during her press conference Thursday; saying Democrat Dan McCready “won the campaign” but “lost the election” earlier this week.

“I think they should have concerns about the gains we’re making in suburban areas,” Speaker Pelosi said. “I’m very proud of Dan McCready. He’s a great patriot… It’s too bad he’s not coming here. He did a great job… He won the campaign, he didn’t win the election, but he won the campaign,” claimed Pelosi.

"I think they should have concerns about the gains we're making in suburban areas," Speaker Pelosi says when asked if she's concerned about the gains Republicans are making in rural areas after Democrat Dan McCready's loss in North Carolina https://t.co/RVrj857psE pic.twitter.com/i2G8gK4Eyl

— ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) September 12, 2019

President Trump called-out CNN and MSNBC earlier this week; blasting their special election coverage as “fake News” following the Republican Party’s “big victory.”

@CNN & @MSNBC were all set to have a BIG victory, until Dan Bishop won North Carolina 09. Now you will hear them barely talk about, or cover, the race. Fake News never wins!” posted Trump on Twitter.

.@CNN & @MSNBC were all set to have a BIG victory, until Dan Bishop won North Carolina 09. Now you will hear them barely talk about, or cover, the race. Fake News never wins!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 11, 2019

President Trump described Tuesday night’s special election in North Carolina as a “big night” for the Republican Party after two GOP candidates defeated their Democratic challengers in key House races across the state.

“In a major victory for both President Trump and national Republicans, North Carolina GOP state Sen. Dan Bishop was projected to win a fiercely contested special U.S. House election for the 9th District that was widely seen as a bellwether for the president’s chances in the 2020 election,” reports Fox News.

“And another Republican House candidate, Greg Murphy, decisively won a separate special election in North Carolina’s more solidly GOP-leaning 3rd District earlier Tuesday evening — frustrating Democrats who spent millions trying to make a splash in the state,” adds Fox.

“BIG NIGHT FOR THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!” posted the President on Twitter.