South carolina bill demands the pro life forces put their money where their mouths are

Yes. I didn’t realize it was behind a paywall. I am currently on my institution’s computer which has access. I’ll look for an accessible version of it or perhaps a different article not behind a paywall.

What is your answer to that question?

The introduction was enough. Your author has been watching too many movies on TNT.

I think we have to look no further than the little English baby to find the answer.

2 Likes

Deakin is an instructor at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. I have no issue with his background or credentials.

No its not.

What’s the first sentence say?

You realize you’re creeping into Gallagher territory, right?

Mercy killing in battle is an illegal activity, yet, the evidence suggests, it happens on battlefields the world over and it has probably done so throughout human history. This may be a ‘silent’ part of the battlefield that few survivors wish to remember or to report subsequently. The practice is illegal, yet it raises difficult, perhaps sometimes impossible, ethical problems. A framework derived from the ethos of the just war tradition is developed here to analyse and to evaluate such battlefield killings.

Yup. As I said “mercy killing” often has a military connotation. The word “killing” by itself has a negative connotation. I would never use the term “mercy killing” when discussing end of life care with a patient or their loved ones. So back to my point, if he’s using “mercy killing” as synonymous to “compassionate death” as it pertains to this conversation, great. However, “mercy killing” can have a meaning which has nothing to do with what I’m talking about.

It doesn’t happen except in the movies.

Yup. Never.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2005-04-01-0504010185-story,amp.html