Something Nobody Is Talking About

Sinclair matters more than any of the cable outlets.

1 Like

Then why is the GOP–and Trump–more popular in the old confederacy, Appalachia, and the Deep South than it is in . . . . New York?

These people, even the self-proclaimed “republicans” are NOT the GOP Margaret.

They all have two things in common:

Where they are from.
They think we’re stupid.

Again, the GOP base nominated Donald Trump from a rich field of candidates. Self-identified conservatives support Donald Trump; the American right supports Donald Trump.

To put this another way: rather than looking at New York, or liberals, or whatever, wouldn’t it make more sense to take a good, hard, critical look at the They-think-we’re-stupid base all across the country that loves Trump, gives him his power, and gives him a high approval rating among Republicans? And then ask:

• Why are these people so susceptible to such an obvious con artist with a toxic personality?
  • Why are they so loyal and eager to defend him, to the point where they have to buy into an alternative reality and forfeit their dignity?
  • What went wrong with the modern conservative movement that it ended up here?
8 Likes

Don’t blame New Yorkers, blame the Wisconsinites, the Iowans, et al, who elected him.

Of course they voted for all of them. Did they expect Trump to dump his corrupt entourage right when things were getting good?

Don’t blame New Yorkers, blame the Wisconsinites, the Iowans, et al, who elected him.

This^. Period.

2 Likes

It’s always someone else’s fault.

In my well-deserved thousand post spanking on the old forum for being so cocky about Trump losing, I said then I was still convinced they were on the wrong side of history for voting for him and would live to regret it.

Now that’s coming to pass, I’m in no mood to let them weasel out of it. I took what was coming to me and so will they.

3 Likes

I don’t think they are capable of taking responsibility for their own actions.

It’s like a law of physics. You could see them laying the groundwork for this almost immediately. Now that I think about it a little, it’s sort of a variation on the Back-stab trope.

Of course. There’s a half dozen of them been shamelessly talking out of both sides of their mouth since he won. Why you think I came back?

And he is now the President.

What does that say about the things they hold in common?

It’s amazing. Zero sense of personal responsibility.

Cultists stick the fork in the electrical outlet and are blaming New Yorkers for it.

If there’s a problem with cultists taking over the GOP, somebody better alert the GOP to take care of it.

New England, New York, and Jersey went Hillary. That’s why this is something nobody is talking about.

Well. So much for the OP premise.

The current Republican party identity is nothing more then a projection on how they view the Democratic party.

Lester the Magnificent is in New York.

I didn’t vote and I’m not a republican, so not so much.

Because he tells them what they want to hear and does a lot of what he says.

They’re all cut from that same NYC cloth.

Are you leaving out some one?

Is not Hannity from New York and influencing Republican voters?

1 Like

I didn’t say it wasn’t their fault. I’m just pointing out where the trash comes from.