Some Thoughts On Government

Just reconfigure the Senate already.

Within a State which does not represent all States.

I am very much in favor of governors being elected via an EC system.

What about the out side influences like China, Soros, CB, New World Order?

They want to distroy America!

Yeah it seems like an impossible endeavor at least in my lifetime.

And that’s really your whole premise, isn’t?

1 Like

You said I am “promoting” Popular vote but because we are Democratic Republic… I cant promote popular vote?

What?

No, they don’t.

1 person, 1 vote.

Why anyone would oppose that is beyond me.

Why should a Trump vote in CA be thrown away because of the state you live in? The president is the president of ALL STATES. Therefore, those votes should have equal weight.

2 Likes

The question to ask is what are the pros and cons of the Electoral College system v a popular vote system or even some other system.

The EC is what the Founders came up with (in part) to make sure recall the regions of the country would have a say in the Presidency…and I personally think that is a good thing.

The EC is only a problem today because we have two sides who believe in one size fits all policies (GOP can deny this until they are blue in their collective faces, but it’s true), and those policies are utterly at variance.

No matter how we elect a President those clashing views of reality aren’t going away.

To what?

no they don’t. they represent their constituencies. the senate was designed to give state governments a voice in the federal government, protect states authorities and exorcise the sovereign functions of the states on their behalf.

the constitution is a compact between three parties, one was cut out.

1 Like

It is the “United States” not “The State”.

1 Like

This doesn’t make sense to me for a Presidential election.

Why is a Trump vote in Alabama worth more than a Trump vote in CA? Both citizens are voting for the same person, the same policies. Under EC, The Alabama Trump voter has more power because their vote actually counts. But they are voting for the same thing…

It doesn’t make sense

Don’t see how this statement changes/counters anything I said.

I know.

The system you’re talking about is used in the EU and it’s failing as well and it didn’t start in 1776 but 1965 and they are always on the precipice of collapse with lsmaller states threatening to leave because their voice isn’t either listened to or there laws are over-seeded at Brussels. And just like in the EU the big states would dominate and have all the say. As of now Germany and France is the EU and every other country is their b*****. The states with the money dominate the EU and have all the say. So if that happened here and California wanted ‘X’ law put in place it would be put in place.

A popular vote isn’t some revolutionary idea that countries hasn’t tried before some work some don’t but what’s interesting is places like the EU was trying to emulate the United States system and here we are talking about trying to emulate the European Union’s. One can see that there’s problems with both systems, people seem to forget there will never be perfection, or question how did we arrive at this moment so fast.

A much better solution for a country that has no common ground with its neighbor instead of trying to force them into irrelevance (Never Works) would be the three state solution.

P.S. The B word didn’t get auto filtered don’t want to get banned.

It’s very relevant.

The house of representatives wasn’t artificially capped when the system was designed. Because every state must have at least one congressman, that cap ensures the electoral college becomes more defective each election.

It’s allowed in that context. What you can’t do is call a woman that word.

1 Like

why does the Alabama vote count and the California vote doesn’t?

Yes, they do.

I understand the desire to have 50 little countries…but we do have a federal government.