Some Dems Want to Make Joining the NRA Illegal

If your numbers are right, the NRA spent more than 10% of total revenues on the 2016 campaign.

Nobody with any common sense would buy it. He isn’t any more privy to the NRA’s internal data than any other member. Anyway, hopefully the NRA will be broke and out of business soon. They’re already living paycheck to paycheck.

I wonder what this thread would look like if it was the NAACP.

3 Likes

I don’t particularly care what you buy. Internal data and documents are “internal”.

Your point?

I’m not just a member, I also work in program and training development.

This seems like the logical place for this article…

Drawing on contemporaneous emails and private interviews, an 18-month probe by the Senate Finance Committee’s Democratic staff found that the NRA underwrote political access for Russian nationals Maria Butina and Alexander Torshin more than previously known — even though the two had declared their ties to the Kremlin.

The report, available here, also describes how closely the gun rights group was involved with organizing a 2015 visit by some of its leaders to Moscow.

1 Like

Received my new NRA cap today. Nice looking cap! :+1:

Anyone against or Constitution is a threat don’t you agree?

I remember taking a gun safety class in High School back in the 70’s in North Dakota. Those were the good old days.

Who is against or Constitution?

You should have read the article.

read the article and the published report. thanks though.

1 Like

Anyone against the Second and First Amendments, who do you know currently doing such things?

Then you know there is no “asset”.

Whatever you say. It’s not like that phrase was used within the report .

The NRA is an Russian asset; arrest for treason?

It’s in the title of the article you and several others have posted on this forum.

Do you feel declaring the NRA a terrorist organization or making it illegal to join is a reasonable position?

Maybe if the ACLU gave a damn about the second the NRA wouldn’t even be necessary. But they choose to ignore the 2nd.