Some Dems Want to Make Joining the NRA Illegal

The Democrat Party Leadership respects the 2nd amendment and has no delusion that it can simply go away. That talking point is really poor.

Whoa whoa…let’s not get crazy here…you arent joining a health club…

Evidence?

I could…but I have a swimming pool/ hockey rink in my own backyard…so I don’t need one.

It’s Rasmussen. Probably closer to 5%.

If 1/6 Republicans think the NRA should be illegal, they must know something we don’t?

No, it’s probably a chunk.

:roll_eyes:

Thank you for your obfuscation.

JWK

You know an un-American political operative is talking when that person refers to “anti-immigrant rhetoric”, rather than anti-illegal immigration, which is really what is objected to.

You are welcome, because that talking point really does not need much of a detailed response.
I have no idea why conservatives keep saying that the liberals want to take away the 2nd amendment.
The idea that such a major change in the Constitution could possibly happen is just ridiculous. And yet you guys keep using it.

That is complete and utter horse ■■■■

2 Likes

Name them? Who in the leadership wants to disarm citizens.

The real point here is that that NRA has lost it’s way. They do not have the same vision they had when the NRA was created. The top priority for the NRA is now to promote gun manufacturers. When the NRA was organized safety was the priority. Teaching gun safety is no longer the priority.

Who is the “democratic leadership” that two of you refered to?

All it would take is packing the court which is what many are now seriously suggesting so no, it’s obviously not ridiculous.

That’s completely false on it’s face. The NRA’s mission is to serve it’s membership and always has been.

1 Like

Every one of them pushing for Assault weapons bans, high capacity mag bans, making more and more people ineligible who aren’t even felons or had any due process and we can go on from there.

1000 people in a survey of mixed political registry are Polled and somehow the OP extrapolates some cherry picked data from the survey to call me part of the lunatic fringe of the Democratic Party and to claim I have lost all semblance of sanity.

Isn’t that just the cutest thing?

How many out of that 1000 people were actual registered Democrats and how many were registered Republicans and how many were unaffiliated?

That is important to know.

The OP takes one mighty leap to broad brush the Democratic Party with their denigrating condemnations.

From the OP’s survey:

Following several recent mass shootings, officials in San Francisco declared the NRA a domestic terrorist organization. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that nearly one-out-of-three Likely Democratic Voters (32%) favor declaring the gun rights group a terrorist organization in the community where they live. Fourteen percent (14%) of Republicans and 20% of voters not affiliated with either major party agree. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

So. A greater percentage of non Democrats feel the NRA should be declared a Terrorist Organization. So I guess we can say that 14% of Republicans have lost all semblance of sanity. The lunatic fringe is now the face of the Republican Party.

From the Survey:

Twenty-eight percent (28%) of Democrats say Americans should be prohibited by law from belonging to pro-gun rights organizations like the NRA, a view shared by 15% of Republicans and 10% of uanffiliateds.

So nearly the same percentage of non Democrats as Democrats feel folks should be prohibited from belonging to the NRA. Those insane non Democrats including Republicans are obviously the lunatic fringe of society!

From the Survey:

Among all likely voters, 23% favor declaring the NRA a terrorist organization in their home community, while 18% think it should be against the law to belong to pro-gun rights groups like the NRA.

We have 230 people out of a 1000 who think the NRA is a Terrorist Organization.

We have 180 people out of a 1000 who think it should be against the law to be an NRA member.

Methinks the NRA needs to dump some more millions of dollars on Moscow Mitch et al so as to get those folks who have lost all semblance of sanity, those lunatic fringe of America, back in line.

So what you’re saying here is that because you disagree with how they run their organization, “progressive liberals” should get to shut them down? Is that what you’re saying?

1 Like

Anyone who believes the NRA is a terrorist organization or that membership in it should be illegal is absolutely a lunatic on the fringe of sanity.

The problem with the NRA is that it has been so successful.