Solar panels and Homelessness in Cal

ccc

Hey now, don’t mess with Tesla!

Look, it’s time for some tough love here in California.

You have so much trouble with discerning correlation from causation. You can accuse others of not having a clue all you want.

May be read what i wrote first. I said it was not the primary reason and it is not. It is one of the reasons though. The market is driving the prices. Just as it is in NYC where prices are skyrocketing not due to lack of space but due to what people are willing to pay for it.

That’s true in NY as well.

Did you actually type that with a straight face?

No lack of space in NYC?

You actually wrote that?

The prices are not due to lack of space. I wrote that with a straight face. The price of a brownstone in Brooklyn triples within a year. It’s already there it’s already built. Just stop.

And the limited availability is exactly why.

You just stop, you’re embarrassing yourself and don’t even realize it.

People are being priced out because of what others are willing to pay for it.

Let’s go at this differently so we can get on the same page

Did the housing boom prior to the crash drive prices upwards in NY and Cali. Was it primarily due to lack of space? When the crash occurred did the prices drop? Did they come back up

Did NY have it’s worst quarter in real estate in over a decade last year? Is there an overdevelopment problem in places like Staten Island and Brooklyn

I can do this all day.

Does Miami still have a problem with empty residential buildings because of pricing? Did Miami have a land problem or an over development problem

They are being priced out because of the limited availability.

I’m not chasing the rabbit down your endless holes.

The availability of a desired product or commodity always drives the price.

I never said that it does not. What i said again and is that it is not the primary reason. They are building more buildings in New York. In placesa like Brooklyn Miami and and Staten Island ty are adding new buildings into non residential areas

You are ignoring that fact and playing contrarian and talking about rabbit holes because i am challenging you to learn something outside your bubble

1 Like

No, I’m stating the obvious. There’s a very finite number of places you can build in NY and as a result a limited number of available homes, apartments, condo’s etc. That will always keep prices higher than where you are not so limited.

Even when solar production is curtailed, the state can produce more than it uses, because it is difficult to calibrate supply and demand precisely. As more homeowners install rooftop solar, for example, their panels can send more electricity to the grid than anticipated on some days, while the state’s overall power usage might fall below what was expected.

This means that CAISO increasingly has excess solar and wind power it can send to Arizona, Nevada and other states.

When those states need more electricity than they are producing, they pay California for the power. But California has excess power on a growing number of days when neighboring states don’t need it, so California has to pay them to take it. CAISO calls that “negative pricing.”

You should really do your homework before calling BS.

Thanks for showing that the 8 natural gas power plants the utilities want to refurbish and charge taxpayers $8 billion for are not needed.

Let’s revisit this in July, August, and September.

Last year was the hottest on record for California and we didn’t have any major shortages. Why do you think this year will be different with even more infrastructure in place?

California’s energy shortage is over and we have solar to thank for it

Conclusion

Rapid expansion of renewable power can cause unexpected problems with electric grid stability. Since too much power is destabilizing, as is too little power, excess power production must be exported or curtailed. While consumers in the neighboring states benefit from lower electricity costs, California’s ratepayers are footing the bill for the utility generators that produce the power.

This is reminiscent of Denmark and Germany which have had to export heavily subsidized wind and/or solar power to other countries because too much electricity was being generated. As a result, Danish and German consumers are paying some of the highest residential electricity prices in Europe—three times as high as in the United States—for the “benefit” of having wind and solar power generated in their country regardless of whether that power can be used domestically.

We’ll see.

Umm, you import a quarter of your electricity, so you did in fact have a shortage, you just bought it elsewhere to make up for it.