So what good use are you making of your free time, particularly the extra free time most people now have?

Yup, I do most of that anyhow but thank you.

Your welcome. I always make sure to pass that advice along to anybody who may be positive.

Get well, and good luck starting your bookstore.

1 Like

Donā€™t know if youā€™re getting any medications. But the antibiotic I got for pneumonia I had to wait at least 1/2 hour after taking it to even get into a reclining position.

Maybe remaining upright as much as possible and taking as many walks as possible will break up congestion and help you cough it up.

Good luck.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, although you may be one of the lucky ones who get through it with relatively minor symptoms. Take care.

@GWH give this man his badge.

That looks to be the case, thank you.

Muchas gracias.

Watching the Fortitude series on Amazon Prime.

Contagion is the story line with this.

Anyone know of any good turn based computer games?

Do you like war games? I highly suggest Panzer Corps 2 is turn based I am really enjoying it. Itā€™s a follow up to Panzer Corps which was equally awesome. Itā€™s made by a company called slitherine got great reviews and I am seeing it priced around $14 on some download shops.

With a remote software engineering team and a 7, 4 and 1 year old, I have less free time now than before corona :weary:

I am still working as much as ever, both remotely and with some trips down to the Statesville area. What I am not doing is lobbying, industry association and trade association activities.

So I have some extra time to fill.

The Jersey Giants are off to good starts. Will be picking up two separate dog mom/litters on Monday for fostering. One is a black lab with apparently all lab puppies. The other is a beagle mix with basically mutt puppies. The lab litter will be 8 days old on Monday and the beagle litter will be 14 days old. They will be down on the ground floor in separate bedrooms. I will have both litters and the moms until they reach 10 or 12 weeks. My Jack Russellā€™s have runs set up from the 1st floor and I will set up a temporary run from the ground floor for the fosters. My dogs have had the run of the entire house since they got here, so they probably are going to pout about being locked out of the ground floor, at least until the puppies reach a reasonable size.

1 Like

a bit offtopic, but Coursera is offering free courses+certifications, may be worth checking it out.

I actually prefer a war game. Thanks, I have all day to check it out. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m still working full time since Iā€™m ā€œessentialā€ for what thatā€™s worth. Got laid off from my other job.

But I do have two days off per week instead of maybe 1 every two weeks now. So on my days off Iā€™m working on getting my old ATV back running. Got it running now, fixing to replace all of the fuel lines and regasket the carburetor.

Awesome ya those are at the topic the food chain for WW2 turn based games. Enjoy

I happened to be watching the Netflix series Pandemic when this ā– ā– ā– ā–  hit the fan. Weird, and a ā– ā– ā– ā–  ton of parallels with the series and current pandemic.

The foster litters have been here all day. Got them settled in early is morning. 6 puppies in each litter and all in good health. The beagles are just opening their eyes.

Of course, this is the easy time. It will be a lot more interesting in a couple of weeks when they begin moving and exploring.

1 Like

What free time?

Iā€™m eating breakfast while typing this preparing to go work my 11th 12 hr shift in the last 13 days.

Not losing income is nice, in fact the early returns are lots of overtime, but at the same time Iā€™m getting really really tired of work, sleep, rinse, repeat. Plus Iā€™m constantly at worry about getting infected. Just yesterday I had to spend two hours with a guy who claimed to have Corona and was moaning and crying about how much pain he was in, how dizzy he was, etc. Finally told him after two hours of no coughs and a temp of only 99.3 that he was just suffering from heroin withdrawal not Covid - to which he said ā€œIā€™m not a junkieā€ I only use sometimes and its been three days to which I basically said ā€œThree days huh? As I said, heroin withdrawal is painful.ā€ Nonetheless he is the kind of person my job deals with all the time and a druggie is obviously a high risk person to get it and then expose me and co-workers.

1 Like

NĆ¼rburgring videos :joy: