So what about the Trinity?

Perhaps…seed, tree, fruit are not a description of Trinity as I understand Trinity. Nor do I get there repeating something three times. Three gets in the way of One. :slight_smile:

Everything in threes.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

The Three “getting in the way” has always been a contention historically–not only in Judeo Christian, but Buddhism, Hinduism can also sit, going around in circles, using what seems to be logic.

In the beginning was the Word

the Word was with God

and the Word was God

Ten Aspects

1. appearance (nyo ze so): the external manifestation of life. (2) nature (nyo ze sho): the spiritual or mental aspect of life. (3) entity (nyo ze tai): the totality of life consisting of appearance and nature.

AND THEN:
(4) power (nyo ze riki): inherent energy. (5) influence (nyo ze so): externally-directed action. (6) internal cause (nyo ze in): the direct cause for things to occur. (7) relation (nyo ze en): the causes or conditions that activate the internal cause. (8) latent effect (nyo ze ka): the result produced [in the depths of life] by internal cause and relation. (9) manifest effect (nyo ze ho): the concrete, perceptible manifestation of the latent effect. (10) consistency from beginning to end (nyo ze hommatsu kukyo to): the perfect integration of these nine factors in every moment of life.

The three factors of appearance, nature and entity explain the essential composition of all phenomena. The six factors of power, influence, internal cause, relation, latent effect and manifest effect analyze the functions and workings of all phenomena. And consistency from beginning to end indicates the coherency of the nine factors from appearance to manifest effect.

The Trinity can be seen in everything. Example from Sci-fi Rendezvous with Rama. A.C. Clarke

Large cylinder is seen heading toward earth and it has a strange objective reality. They send a mission to investigate. It is inscrutable and incomprehensible. Then it heads away without giving them any clues as to it’s origin and purpose,

"When Norton had glimpsed Rama for the last time, a tiny star hurtling outwards beyond Venus, he knew that part of his life was over.

He was only fifty-five, but he felt he had left his youth down there on the curving plain, among mysteries and wonders now receding inexorably beyond the reach of man.

Whatever honours and achievements the future brought him, for the rest of his life he would be haunted by a sense of anticlimax, and the knowledge of opportunities missed.

So he told himself; but even then, he should have
known better.

And on far-off Earth, Dr Carlisle Perera had as yet told no one how he had woken from a restless sleep with the message from his subconscious still echoing in his brain:

The Ramans do everything in threes.

I believe everything the Bible says about God, Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Terms like “triune God,” “Very God and Very Man” and “God the Father”, “God the Son” and “God the Holy Spirit” are not biblical terminology and I don’t believe they are biblical concepts.

Paul says “Yet for us there is only one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and One Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.” 1 Cor. 8

The Apostle Peter confessed that Jesus of Nazareth as “the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Peter didn’t say that Jesus was God Himself.

Paul writes to the Ephesian brothers and sisters about “one God and Father” and of “one Lord” and “one Spirit.” Eph 4

When Jesus said “I and the Father are one” (John 10:30), He didn’t mean He and the Father were both God. Jesus was teaching them about the unity of the Spirit.

He explained to his disciples a few chapters later in the same gospel of John. Jesus said the same unity was realized between God and the disciples. “And now I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them in your name that you have given me, so that they may be one, as we are one.” John 17:11

In John 17:20, Jesus said: "I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one. As you, Father are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one. I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."

Completely one - the unity of the Spirit.

“For in the one Spirit we were all baptized into one body – Jews or Greeks, slaves or free–and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.” 1 Cor 12:11

The question(s) about a plurality of God(s)

Three times it is repeated in Isaiah:

Isaiah 45 5 I am the Lord, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 45 6 people may know there is none besides me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other.

Isaiah 45 18 he says:
“I am the Lord,
and there is no other.

The questions raised in Genesis 3 are confusing to some people:

22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever.

The “US” is a stumbling block or point of contention for some.

Buddhist Sutras explain the “34 Negations” and clarifies the middle way, by saying such things like defining things are, “Neither, existence nor non-existence.”

Similar. “Anti-Trinitarianism” objections and ideation, can be found within all the major religions and their sub-sects. People can tend to be doubting Thomases or Superstitious, but there is a Middle Path, that is not a compromise, nor allowing heretical thought, but is enlightened faith beyond the superficial thickets of doubt. The middle way. The narrow path. Then, one can witness the truths and principles themselves.

“Faith” is true discernment, rather than the arising of the treadmill of perpetual distinctions.

True visionary experiences makes no distinctions and looks the same regardless of the religion one studies and differences are those of language and preconditioning.

God is One. Anything else adds plurality to God’s existence which diminishes the existence of One. Trinity understands this. It is not a three, but One.

I understand what you are saying. However Trinity, when in reference to God is not three, but One. No plurality.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Nothing here I have offered are distinctions.

One of the main criticisms of Christianity since the beginning, was beliefs in Jesus as one with God. This was rejected by the leaders and Rabbis. It eventually led to Jesus’s crucifixion.

One can interpret passages and then bring out other passages to contradict the first and then people argue over them.

One who rejects Jesus as divine might not be able to see the real meaning. There are virtually the same arguments concerning Shakyamuni Buddha, Krishna and other Hindu and Brahman sects and objections come from the same place.

Calling Jesus a "False Prophet, " is the worst slander, one could say. One who harbors those ideas, are equivalent to those who sought the death of Jesus.

John 16:7

1599 Geneva Bible

7 “Yet I tell you the truth, It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, that Comforter will not come unto you: but if I depart, I will send him unto you”

It was the use of an “expedient means” to “die” and thereby cause the disciples to thirst so the Holy Spirit pervades their life.

In Buddhism this is called, “the Secret and Expedient Means of the Buddha” (Himyo Hoben Jap.)

A tathagata may rarely be seen!’ All these living beings, hearing such a statement, must
certainly realize the thought of the difficulty of meeting a buddha and cherish a longing and a thirst for him; then will they cultivate the roots of goodness.
Therefore the Tathagata, **though he does not in reality become extinct, yet announces [his] **
extinction. Again, good sons! The method of all buddha-tathagatas is always like this
in order to save all the living, and it is altogether real and not false.

Is ever of the nirvana-nature.
When a son of the Buddha has fulfilled his course,
In a world to come he becomes a buddha.
[Only] by my powers of tactfulness
Do I manifest the three-vehicle Law.
[For] all the world-honored ones
Expound the One-vehicle Way.
Now let all in this great assembly
Be free from doubts and perplexities.
The buddhas do not differ in their statements;
There is One only and no second vehicle.
In the past countless kalpas
Innumerable extinct buddhas,
In hundreds, thousands, and milliards,
Whose numbers cannot be counted,
All such world-honored ones as these
With various reasonings and parables
And innumerable tactful powers
Have proclaimed the various laws.
[But] all these world-honored ones
Proclaimed the One-vehicle Law,
Converting numberless creatures
To enter the Buddha-way.

—Expedient Means Chapter 2 LS.

From the Parable of the Excellent Physician 16th Chap LS.

Now I must arrange an expedient plan so that they will take this medicine.’ Then
he says to them: ‘You should know that I am now worn out with old age and the time
of my death has now arrived. This excellent medicine I now leave here. You may take
it and have no fear of not being better.’ After thus admonishing them, he departs again
for another country and sends a messenger back to inform them: 'Your father is dead.'

And now, when those sons hear that their father is dead, their minds are greatly
distressed and they thus reflect: ‘If our father were alive he would have pity on us, and
we should be saved and preserved. But now he has left us and died in a distant
country. [Now] we feel we are orphans and have no one to rely on.’ Continuous grief
brings them to their senses, and they recognize the color, scent, and excellent flavor of
the medicine and thereupon take it, their poisoning being entirely relieved. The father,
hearing that the sons are all recovered, seeks an opportunity and returns so that they
all see him. All my good sons! What is your opinion? Are there any who could say that
this good physician had committed the sin of falsehood?"

“No, World-honored One!”

The Buddha [then] said; “I also am like this. Since I became Buddha, infinite boundless hundred thousand myriad kotis of nayutas of asamkhyeya kalpas ago, for the sake of all living beings, by my tactful power, I have declared that I must enter
nirvana, yet there is none who can lawfully accuse me of the error of falsehood.”

The “Three Bodies of the Buddha,” refers to aspects, not separation.

The "Expedient Means " of death (appearance of crucifixtion) causes beings to thirst for the Law.