So, President Trump Wanted to Invade Venezuela

Neither does AP Report = truth.

1 Like

Weā€™re trying to restrict ourselves to wars we can actually win, like trade wars.

Venezuela has the largest oil reserves in the world, but economy has become a basket case. Large numbers of people are starving and fighting to survive.

For background is an explanation from a Venezuelan-American comedian/commentator, Joanna Hausmann. The video is from 2016, but situation has gotten even worse since then:

Warning: Bleeped expletives and PG-13 language.

The Greater Americas Co-Prosperity Sphere?

1 Like

To be fair, many Trump supporters call illegal immigration an invasion, so they might be a little sketchy on the actual definition of the word.

alternative invasion?

Actually it would be most unfortunate for the Venezuelans who are on the receiving end of an American bullet, brandished in a pointless folly of a narcissist child president.

1 Like

I donā€™t knowā€¦my wife and I celebrated our 15th Wedding Anniversary in Aruba back in 2008, when Venezuelaā€™s economy was booming. They were all over the island when we were there, and by and large were obnoxious jerks.

I might be convinced that they deserve whatever they getā€¦

As of now fingers crossed we have not entered any new wars since the last two neocons left office. Bush Jr who took America into Iraq and Afghanistan and then Obama who brought us into wars in Syria and completely destabilized Libya.

We should invade Puerto Rico.

Iā€™d bet Trump didnā€™t know it was an American territory when the hurricane hit.

Nah, they deserve paper towels.

2 Likes

British Invasion

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Trump wanted to send Nā€™Sync down there.

Sorry. Didnā€™t see that stick.

Treaties like trade agreements that are not in our best interests are worthless and not to be honored.

1 Like

The British kind.

Ha, that would not surprise me.

He should do it, itā€™d make for some fun viewing.

Also: What the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

Treaties are a cornerstone of foreign relations.