So do democrats still believe

You are focused on the flu vaccine which DOES prevent the strain it was formulated for from spreading, but as we all know that is just a guess, if any other strain circulates, all bets are off.

Any other vaccine DID essentially erradicate whatever bug it was designed for ie:polio, small pox, measles, rubella, etc.

When the general public hears “vaccine” that is what it means to them, regarding the flu shot they always say “this years vaccine is designed for xyz strain only”.

1 Like

Ohhh maybe because there was an effective vaccine developed for those diseases…contrast to the covid “vaccine” which in fact did NOT prevent infection, but was more of a prophylactic than anything else, ie: reduced the severity of the infection. So, not a true vaccine as we have previously known.

Of the ones caught, what about those that were not caught ie: “got aways”. You ARE aware that trafficking covers more than bringing it across a border, you know, those that actually sell the ■■■■■

So, kind of a red herring type of fact. Additionally, it doesn’t take much fentanyl at all to cause death, we are talking 1 or 2 milligrams can be fatal.
Here is a good illustration:

So, they don’t need a lot of people to carry it.

Yet another post proving my point, true vaccines work, the covid “vaccine” is a prophylactic type of med. It lessens the severity, but does not prevent.

1 Like

62% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/62-of-americans-are-living-paycheck-to-paycheck-as-holiday-spending-credit-card-debt-rise/ar-AA1lJFId?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f50bf804ca0d49389ada96fbd95c9a79&ei=69

Maybe you’re stepping on the lead here and we should be impressed by a con at least feigning concern about drug users and drug deaths. As I am sure you are aware, there was a time where they couldn’t even be bothered.

1 Like

I have ALWAYS been concerned about needless deaths such as overdoses. Want to toss out another ■■■■■■■■ response?

3 Likes

Not even my town…my circle of friends and associates.

Because the original question was about who is seeing/talking about what.

You jumped in and accused me of down playing the tragedy of the drug - which I never did.

And now here we are.

My position remains - people talk about and are concerned about what they are exposed to. News media is fear mongering machine. On the right, they have everyone talking about fentanyl and the border and Hunter Biden, and that shapes what’s important to consumers of that media.

The left is wall to wall trump trials and the threat to democracy that Trump is, or how ever they frame it.

I bet in your social circles - if IRL you are as outspoken and angry about this stuff as you are here - you don’t find yourself chatting much with people who are concerned about trump’s re-election and his effect on america or whatever Morning Joe is selling this morning.

Likewise, I live in an uber-liberal town. No one is screaming about the border or fentanyl. It’s a real problem, Everyone knows that. But it’s not dominating discussions, even political discussions.

So what?

Doesn’t mean one is more or less urgent and awful…the quick one shot deal vs. slow long insidious death, which means, any day intervention could have lead to a saved life…two different horrors.

Personally, I don’t think you can blame any specific president for China getting into the synthetic opioids.

And if you wanted to try, the data doesn’t help your argument.

Fentanyl siezures spike under trump in 2020 and have been relatively flat since then.

See the chart.

Likewise, deaths from fentanyl started taking off in 2016 under trump. The growth in deaths exploded under trump.
(Fentanyl overdose deaths U.S. 1999-2021 | Statista)

I couldn’t find a graph with 22 and 23.

I don’t think Trump did something septic to cause those spikes. Drugs are way more complex than one president or policy even.

But pretending this is a Biden thing is foolish. It’s been a growing problem.

And they won’t be again if Trump wins.

The fentanyl spike began under trump.

But sure, let’s get serious about drug treatment for all americans, regardless of insurance status.

1 Like

Well, that may be, but your posts don’t read that way.

You belittle the notion that alcohol deaths are significant, and you mock those that mention it.

I agree fentanyl is a problem, and support an expansion of federally funded drug treatment, that would cover opioids and alcohol both.

But hey you know, you called me stupid a couple of times for mentioning booze, so your posts indicate you only care about the one you think you can blame on biden.

Which has been my point here…

1 Like

Even if it were true.

Not being imported?

Sure. I don’t believe you; your only concern is political expedience.

I agree with you about public perception, but public perception was wrong.

Only if you’re a white male. All other special people get different rules.

A patriotic American would have never voted for the man that had to have a bragging topic and got 13 military members killed. You can get off that high horse. My husband spent his time in Vietnam, and he could have told you what a puke biden is. Now tell me how unpatriotic my husband is.

Could be all those unvaccinated people you’re inviting to come over the border.

Although I agree white male privilege exists, any business owner can change rules anytime, no matter their gender, race, religion etc…

Nope special people get special rules. I should know I have been a business owner probably longer than you have been on this earth.

Well, I am almost 60, so good for you!

When I was younger, I did work in the family business, a bar and grill. Worked behind the bar, and in the kitchen when needed.

What special people and special rules are you referring to?