So do democrats still believe

Do some research on your own. Only way to learn really.

I have.

Sure, sure.

1 Like

This was true. But that doesn’t make it the most effective vaccine in history.

Both measles and polio are still around and occasionally flare up.

Usually amongst populations that don’t trust vaccines.

2 Likes

I guess you could argue that people played themselves by not knowing what a vaccine is. But blaming that on the government is silly, in my opinion.

One could make a counterargument that the fact alcohol and cigarettes don’t kill you right away and yet you can become addicted to them make them more dangerous than fentanyl.

I don’t think anyone is making the case that fentanyl is not dangerous and a problem.

They are making the case that for the typical person, the problem does not match the hype.

Fentanyl gets the hype it gets because it’s linked to border issues.

This isn’t downplaying it…it’s simply stating a fact.

1 Like

correction: democratic Party.

Allan

1 Like

You are completely missing the point (as usual)
Fentanyl is coming across the border on the backs of “asylum seekers” being sent by the cartels, then being processed into fake pills that people buy off of the street. Apparently you don’t care about those that are buying this ■■■■■ High school kids looking for a lite fun (I do NOT condone) this, but should a high school kid risk death by fake pills?
Apparently you don’t see an issue here.

1 Like

Yes it IS a major discussion point, hell even my university has sent out several emails warning about this. But its not a major thing according to you.

NOT a true vaccine, like the polio, measles, small pox etc. It is more along the lines of a prophylactic, you know used to prevent more serious infections…oh wait…that is what it supposedly does.

1 Like

quite correct.

small pox is the only disease that was truly and forever eradicated via vaccine from the face of the earth.

polio a close second

there were only 859 cases.

not quite up to eradication standards.

Allan

Did I say ‘the’? If I did that is a mistake. It was among the most effective in history.

1 Like

It PREVENTED 90+% of infections?

OR was it somewhat effective in reducing the severity of infection.

One is what a vaccine does, the other is what a prophylactic medication does.

1 Like

You proved my point, “among populations that don’t trust vaccines”. In the populations that DO trust, how often do we hear of outbreaks of any type?

A vaccine has historically been used to prevent infection. Correct?

Incorrect, it gets the hype because one pill can and often does kill. It gets the hype because simple exposure to the powder can cause OD or death.

Hate to tell you, but Fox news is hardly ever on my tv.
Never watch the evening shows, on only rarely during the day. But on our local newscast, it is mentioned multiple times, my university has sent out several emails, typically around break times warning about it, I pass 2 billboards in my rual county warning about it, pass a few more if I head into Columbus.

Maybe not in your insular circles, but in the real world, real people are worried about it.

How many cases in people who have been vaccinated?

I guess at some point, you just either don’t read the posts, or just ignore what they say so you can continue to be mad.

I’ve said about 4 times now that fentanyl is a serious issue. I’m not sure how many times you want me to say it.

I’m pointing out the simple fact that other things are killing more Americans, but aren’t receiving attention in some circles. And your post shows why - because politically, it’s tied to the border, so it’s getting a lot of coverage by right wing media who use it to attack the dem. president.

Doesn’t take anything away from the tragic nature of the crisis. but contrary to your claim, it’s not a dominant conversation everywhere.

And what does it matter how it comes in? One might argue that booze deaths are more tragic since it’s something availible in just about every town in america in abundance…it’s everywhere, yet it still kills us. You’re just highlighting the politcal angle of the tragedy that makes it play on the 24/7 for-profit news chanels.

Anyway - I can’t say it any more plainly - it’s a tragedy, but it’s not a dominant conversation when chatting about the news in my town.

Yes.

Against the original strain they were actually closer to 95% against infection.