SJWs don't want detention centers to have beds?

A company that sold beds to HHS for use at border processing centers is facing backlash from employees who don’t want their company selling beds for that purpose.

It seems like they are saying there shouldn’t even BE detention centers to process incoming migrants. (Just let them enter without orderly processing?)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/wayfair-sold-beds-to-furnish-border-camps-its-employees-are-walking-out-in-protest/ar-AADpoy5?li=BBnb7Kz

I’m going to give you this one.

This is an utterly ridiculous protest and shows that people do not know how to properly protest and advocate anymore.

Well, they aren’t asking for no beds - they don’t want the company to profit from it, sounds like it

An ankle bracelet and a room at the Hilton would actually be cheaper.

It’s more than just profiting.

“By Friday, a petition had begun to circulate asking Wayfair to cease all current and future business with BCFS and any other contractors participating in the operation of migrant detention camps …”

They don’t even want the processing centers.

My understanding is that the didn’t sell the beds to HHS but to a nonprofit organization that is trying to help the detainees.

Jay I don’t think you read the article. The OP is leaving out key details of the protest.

I read it and get what they’re trying to do.

Dumb way to do it.

By not wanting Wayfair to profit off the detention centers?

If they get the company to donate the profits, that would be a good outcome.

1 Like

They are donating $200 k to the Ref Cross but they should be donating the money to hyperfocused groups like @RAICESTEXAS that are doing incredible work at the border.

The OP didn’t say much at all about it. I linked the article for people to read it for themselves.

I don’t think this is this black-and-white. In my opinion, they do want the migrants to have beds, but they don’t like the way the company is going about it. They want the beds to be donated, not sold. I don’t think walking out was the best solution, but rather, send a suggestion internally to run some kind of furniture drive or something.

Although it does look a bit hypocritical at first glance.

As noted earlier, this is what the employees wanted:

“By Friday, a petition had begun to circulate asking Wayfair to cease all current and future business with BCFS and any other contractors participating in the operation of migrant detention camps …”