Sick woman confronts Chuck Grassley on ObamaCare

Taxes are not slavery stop with the hyper bole

Over taxation is slavery.

Well that’s a misleading article. The author is talking about being eligible for the subsidy due to low income. She apparently doesn’t realize that Obamacare is also private insurance and applies to people who don’t otherwise have (usually) subsidized insurance through an employer. Regarding keeping/losing doctors, I suspect she switched from an HMO back to a PPO. Both are still Obamacare.

Medicaid is crap, do you mean Medicare? That’s called the Public Option and the GOP killed it in its womb.

Sounds like we need a system that removes the complexity like a whole slew of rent-seeking private insurers who all pay differently, have their own networks, cover different things, etc. There would be no need to “verify” anything in a Medicare for All system.

1 Like

Who got lynched over taxes? Hell you might as well equate taxes to the Holocaust

No. The problems of the uninsured, IMO, should have been handled on a state level. I meant Medicaid.

As indicated by the article, not all physicians are welcoming of Medicare. I’m still maintaining that state only would have been a far bettr solution to helping the uninsured get some insurance.

Former Governor Mitt Romney proved that in Massachusetts. Contrary to some conservative thought, it really isn’t a long wait to see a physician here.

He basically told her not to vote for her House GOP representative because she needs a Democratic House to protect Obamacare. Hilarious.

Oh, much worse. Some were tied to whipping posts and flogged till they were nearly dead. Yes, that tax slavery is brutal. We need reparations!

How about totally restricting the Federal Government and letting the states handle their own uninsure, as well as deciding what private insurance must cover—as is the case with sex reassignment surgery to infertility as a medical condition? Just a handful of states require coverage for these services.

Paying cash for such services as preventative exams & alternative therapies involves far less grief & aggravation than dealing with a third party. Just pay on the way out, & you’re done.

I have a $1000 that says that there are older republican posters on this very board that struggle to pay their medical bills. I’m sure that some of them have to set up monthly payments that go on for years.

And others that will when they get older.

Some will even have to be bailed out by their children.

LOL! Try passing something like that in Florida.

Because this would be way less efficient, result in millions not being covered and not seeking care due to cost barriers. Like what we have now.

That article is about Medicare, you can see it in the title of the article.

What does this have to do with Medicaid? Again, Medicaid is crap insurance compared to Medicare.

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20190124/NEWS/190129962/medicaid-enrollees-last-in-line-when-docs-accepting-new-patients

Medicaid patients are accepted last if at all. The reason why? States determine compensation, so if you have a higher paying state acceptance is okay, if its low acceptance is also low. Jersey pays horrible and thus, acceptance in that state is only 40%.

https://health.usnews.com/health-news/health-insurance/articles/2015/05/26/youve-got-medicaid-why-cant-you-see-the-doctor