Should we stop funding the WHO?

I gave an answer with regard to the cost-benefit to the US. You’re pretending not to understand it is you being obtuse.

Did you? Strange. So the cost is direct, the benefit is not?

I described a service that US funding of the WHO provides to the United States… which was very much on point.

This is too boring to respond too.

What service does the WHO provide to the US? When Sneaky asked for clarification of your example happening in the US, you replied, “Of course not… stop being obtuse.”

Maybe I’m just misunderstanding the words you used and what they were supposed to mean. As they stand in that quoted conversation, you just look confused to me.

I didn’t say “to”, I said “in”.

I don’t blame you, you’re a victim.

Question, what help has WHO been in the US with this pandemic?

Precisely…He specifically stated what services WHO provided in the United States.

Now I’ve been in and out of some most rural areas of United states and this is first time I’ve heard WHO was involved.

stop funding the WHO…

We won’t get fooled again!!!

2 Likes

It influences perceptions of the US by providing aid in underdeveloped countries and it helps to contain problems in other countries, although no system like that is perfect.

It developed an effective coronavirus test that the US would have been much better off adopting rather than insisting that everything done here would be better. That, in itself, provides ample justification to maintain the WHO, unless your goal is to look for scapegoats to deflect from the failures of the Trump administration.

And there it is.

Trump lives rent-free in your brain, doesn’t he?

Just calling it like it is. Now that Xi has cracked the whip on Trump blaming China (we need their masks) he needs a new scapegoat.

This thread about the WHO only exists because Trump tweeted about them. You’re just dancing to whatever tune Trump and his Fox publicists call.

1 Like

So none. Thanks.

2 Likes

We do that outside of WHO initiatives anyway. Why funnel money through yet another organization that need to take it’s operating expenses off the top?

2 Likes

I dunno, maybe the same kind of benefit we got when they were instrumental in eradicating smallpox and polio?

In the US?

Worldwide. You can’t just eradicate something here and expect it to stay eradicated.

No? Strange. Is that not what we’re blaming Trump for?

3 Likes

Actually, they do take credit for it…

As they should.