Should Trumps WH staff be polygraphed?

Here ya go

from Blumenthal, Schumer: Employer Demands For Facebook And Email Passwords As Precondition For Job Interviews May Be A Violation Of Federal Law; Senators Ask Feds To Investigate | U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal

NEW YORK, NY – U.S. Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) and Charles E. Schumer (D-NY) today called on the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) to launch a federal investigation into a new disturbing trend of employers demanding job applicants turn over their user names and passwords for social networking and email websites to gain access to personal information like private photos, email messages, and biographical data that is otherwise deemed private.

In addition, when we are talking about Presidential appointee’s, they aren’t the same as an employee, the President can demand their resignation or fire them for any reason, including refusing to give him access to their social media or email accounts.

Doesn’t say how common it is for email, but already illegal in many states in addition may violate federal laws as well.

And yes, that’s extremely paranoid.

I hope Trump does it. I really do.

…and teh conservatives cheer the federal government demanding access to their personal information.

I mean, I know you guys roll over for anyone with an R next to their name, but it’s a little surprising to see the capitulation of all your supposed ideals for a guy like trump.

Honestly, none of this stuff is surprising.

The people who scream “fake” are the biggest fakes in the country.

I am not now, nor am I ever likely to be, a Presidential appointee.

If you are a soldier would you want a gun that only shoot successfully 80 and 96 times?

would you fire someone who failed a polygraph knowing its failure rate?

Allan

Again, beyond a reasonable doubt is a suitable standard when it comes to removing someones rights, no such standard is needed to fire a Presidential appointee who serves at the pleasure of the President. I don’t much care if he fires them because they part their hair wrong, it’s entirely his call.

What if 3 people fail the polygraph?

Fire em all

Allan

what if it is an elected official?

Allan

Huh?

You are using private sector examples in a feeble attempt to support your thirst for Trumpy’s tiny authoritarian fists to reach out and grab some first amendment ■■■■■■ so not sure what your point is.

Also, LOL…you don’t care if someone’s rights are violated because it’s not you, and won’t ever be you. What a brave person you are.

2 Likes

If he likes.

Merely pointing out you are comparing apples and oranges, Trump requiring this of his appointee’s, who serve at the pleasure of the President is not analogous to the federal government demanding everyone’s private email. If they don’t like it, they can resign.

Can they ask Trump how many baby mommas he really has?

Don’t even need to ask the question. Just show the subject a picture of the President and the polygraph will do the rest. If their pulse doesn’t quicken at the excitement of merely seeing the president, they’re guilty fer sure.

Sure, they can ask. Oh wait, do you mean subject him to a polygraph and ask? No, they can’t. Not unless he volunteers when asked to take one. Same as his appointee’s.

You don’t understand how constitutional protections work.

They should all get polygraphed anyway, not the purpose of finding a snitch, but for purposes of national security period. I just think it should be standard that anyone working in the white house should be able to obtain a Lifestyle/FS Poly, or at minimal a CI poly(which is a lot easier). A friend of mine was a contractor at the WH as a System Administrator and he had to do the Full Scope, so why not the rest of these jokers? I do believe unfortunately most of these guys on staff brought on by President couldn’t pass a poly anyway, especially the president himself.

Yes I do. You have no constitutional right to a Presidential appointment.

…but a presidential appointee has constitutional rights.

I say polygraph all of them. Fire all of the ones who fail to prove their undying fealty to the Master. He won’t be able to backfill their roles, and this train wreck of an administration will careen even further off the rails, ramping up the time it takes to finally rid us once and for all of this disasterous experiment.

They already cannot handle what is being thrown at them. And should the Democrats take the House (and Senate?) in two months, it will absolutely get worse for them. It’s already a skeleton crew there and the brain drain is apparent. The country needs to see and experience the full pain of their decisions, to prevent them from ever making the same mistake in the future.