Should Squatters be Shot?

Good luck with that.

:rofl:

What?

I kept the poachers in check for the 4 surrounding properties out here for the 10 years they all laid dormant. Now my new neighbors help shoulder that load (and they re-did the easement driveway, so auto points for them not being worthless!).

There’s no shortage of pieces of ■■■■ out there just salivating for the chance to be a piece of ■■■■ . Stay safe out there!

2 Likes

We had to deal with squatters two years ago at one of our properties and it really sucked. The only thing that got them out was I was still paying for utilities so I shut everything off. The squatters paid me back by defecting and destroying the place as they left.

So yeah I’m for shooting them, if you paid for a property, it should be your property. I was surprised by how little the police and the HOA was willing to do and how much rights squatters had. They were gonna make me fill out a ton of paperwork file it in court and still wait a couple months before a court date, etc. all the while they could’ve just stayed there.

4 Likes

Shooting a squatter depending on the location could have unsavory consequences.
Someone taking over a home owned and tax paid for by a legal homeowner isn’t fair and should be illegal with immediate removal by law enforcement and without court filings and mumbo jumbo. There are cases where the squatter gets violent with the homeowner and you know that could get them leaking from holes should the homeowner be of a certain frame of mind.
Given Joe Dumb Sheets illegal invasion horde, a gross lack of availability to house their worthless asses and pieces of ■■■■ like this TicTok illegal I look for more of this to be happening. Someone is going to get seriously hurt or worse.

1 Like
3 Likes
  1. Change the law.

Ooo.

To what?

No squatting.

Oooo.

1 Like

Squatting is already illegal.

Is it? Huh.

Yep. What laws should be changed?

No 30 days ■■■■■■■■■ That’s ■■■■■■■ ridiculous. If I take a month and go through Europe, and I come back and people are in my house, I have to wait two years to get it back, and the people in it can do whatever the ■■■■ they want with zero repercussions?

■■■■ that. Plain and simple.

6 Likes

And you can’t cut the utilities? Really? You’re not even in your own house, and you have to pay their water bill, electric bill, gas bill, everything? Seriously… ■■■■ that. THOSE laws need to absolutely change.

3 Likes

This thread makes me want to give “Pacific Heights” another viewing. Talk about a maddening flick. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

No real need. Make the law so that if someone occupies a home with clearly no right or title to reside there they will spend the next six months squatting in a local jail. Squatting will soon become less tempting.

3 Likes

Get a “squatter hunter”, such as Flash Shelton in northern California. Shelton gets a lease from the owner, moves into the house, and becomes an obnoxious roommate who out-squats the squatters.

If police are called, the squatter hunter has a valid lease. Ironically a tenant has more rights than the actual owner.

4d chess and checkmate

10 Likes

When it comes to this blatantly corrupt stupidity that some want to pass off as “the law”…

…stay off of my lawn.

4 Likes

How about the laws are enforced? If it’s illegal and the police are called, why aren’t they removed? The answer to that is what laws need to be changed, allowing those officers to remove a squatter.