Should Plastic Recycling Be Mandatory?

Sure, that isn’t what turned me off, I used to like Dr Pepper back when I drank soda at all, I don’t like prunes. Prunes never entered my mind when I drank it until someone mentioned it tasted like prunes to them. From then on every time I drank it, I tasted prunes.

Maybe the level of carbonization may have been tweaked by your local bottler?

No recycling here except for card board and that is voluntary. No plastic recycling.

Didn’t know that. While not for digestion, root beer has medicinal origins too.

Despite serious safety concerns, sassafras is used for urinary tract disorders, swelling in the nose and throat, syphilis, bronchitis, high blood pressure in older people, gout, arthritis, skin problems, and cancer. It is also used as a tonic and “blood purifier.”

Some people apply sassafras directly to the skin to treat skin problems, achy joints (rheumatism), swollen eyes, sprains, and insect bites or stings. Sassafras oil is also applied to the skin to kill germs and head lice.

In beverages and candy, sassafras was used in the past to flavor root beer.

Maybe. I bought a pack last week and it tasted really sweet and kinda flat

That would do it.

When I was a kid some folks we knew had a proper soda fountain in their family room. I will just say that Dr Pepper completely absent the carbonated water is really, really sweet.

1 Like

But as long as you personally put it into a blue recycle bin, you can feel good about it. :wink:

1 Like

The problem with recycling is that it always comes down to economics. If there is no market for the raw material or it costs too much to ship it to where the market is, it becomes a useless material. In other words, if there is no profit to be made, the only way mandatory recycling can work is if government goes into the recycling business and uses public money to make up for the loss.

So is Coca Cola and root beer.