Should Fauci Quit?

Trump has retweeted his call to fire Fauci.

Fox news thinks this raises speculation of a frayed relationship between the two men.

Trump retweets #firefauci tweet, raises speculation of a frayed relationship

I think it pretty much confirms it

I think Fauci should quit and tell Trump to go his own way, and I think that Trump should open the entire country on May 1.

3 Likes

Always trust a salesman over a scientist. :laughing:

1 Like

Trump probably doesnā€™t need Fauciā€™s expertise anymore now that the virus is defeated. What matters now is how to restart the economy.

4 Likes

The question I have is what exactly can Trump do to ā€œopen the countryā€?
Does he have the power to force governors to rescind their ā€˜stay at homeā€™ declarations?

I assume he has the power to re-open federal facilities, but what else?

Mission accomplished, eh?

2 Likes

ā€œHis callā€?

According to the man himselfā€¦

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249712404260421633

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249712413219397632

Of course he does not seem to know what he is talking about, once again. He did not implement any Federal Shutdown orders that can be rescinded.

5 Likes

There is already a thread for this topic.

Lord help us.

Well, Mt. Rainier National Park is closed. I guess he could open that back up.

1 Like

Are you referring to the Ignore Fauci thread?

This is a different thread entirely. I want Fauci to quit so that Trump will own the federal response to when the country gets opened again.

1 Like

True. Although Iā€™m not sure that is going to give the economy the boost he is looking for. :wink:

By all means then.

Trash the orange monster.

Fauci could retire. He has to be fed up with the nonsense from both sides.

:fire:

1 Like

Cuomo, the epicenter governor, is on board.

1 Like

Those tweets cracked me up this morning. He is always good for a laugh. He also retweeted a bunch of tweets that were adoring compliments of himself. Good Lord heā€™s tiny.

Firing Fauci would be a disaster. Heā€™s likely to do it.

I have no doubt Fauci wants to quit. But he wonā€™t.

6 Likes

Cuomo also corrected Deblasio about reopening the schools.

He should quit, heā€™s a disgrace to America.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think he should quit. I believe he should stay on as a sensible voice of truth, facts and knowledge in being a seasoned expert during this health crisis. Some of us know the difficulty in working under terrible leadership and functioning in a hostile work environment and usually the move is sending a letter of resignation. However, in this case his expertise should remain a valuable asset that could potentially be the difference in saving lives and losing them. I say stay on until the president decide to let him go.

1 Like

scientist with an agenda

Far and away the most insecure, intellectually incurious person I have ever even heard of in my lifetime. It never ceases to astonish me how many people are thrilled with him as the POTUS. Strange and terrifying times.

2 Likes

the country wants to get back to life and out from under the thumb of dictator wannabeā€™s and unelected bureaucrats.

not so sure firing him would be a disaster

well, CNN, Mika and joy behar would think so of course. but people in the real world are ready to take their chances now

1 Like