Should doctors and nurses be held to the same standard as police officers?

One of the reasons why it’s digital is because of it happening

Why are you calling it “negligent”? Don’t do that.

I don’t think that’s correct.

That has nothing to do with “an exact science”. It is a known fact that a scalpel cutting an artery will cause the person to bleed, just like accidentally shooting them will cause the person to bleed.

2 Likes

You know I think you are right. Thanks to this thread, it made think about this more. But yes I think you can make a legit argument that it does happen.

1 Like

How about this;

Patient dies while medical personnel were “gathering more data” instead of treating them?

So the study is not conclusive.

No, Johns Hopkins did not fall for the hype their study created. :upside_down_face: I am not calling Johns Hopkins “a liar,” I’m not even saying their study is incorrect. I’m saying there were potential flaws in the study and the results are not conclusive.

Medical people shouldn’t be charged.

Police should only get a little prison time?

No “study” ever is. Science.

Based on…?

Every case is different. In Potter’s case, I would not give her any prison time.

How about this?

Patients die because medical personnel failed to foresee need?

Is every case different? What’s different?

Would you have charged her?

The two flaws I read about were a small sample size (just 35 deaths examined) and not clearly defining “medical mistake.”

Yet you can’t prove they are even “flaws”, much less that the study is incorrect in its conclusion.

1 Like

Good topic.

Will woke-ness call to defund doctors and nurses?

I figured woke-ness will start the barefooted medical program to provide affordable medical care to the masses.

Maybe Hunter can be the new board director. The Big Guy says he is the smartest person in the family.

Not clearly defining a key term is a flaw. But as I already said, I’m not trying to debunk the study, I’m just pointing out there is a lot of disagreement about it. Medical errors may be the third leading cause of death in the US, or they may not.

No it isn’t.

Why did you post those links in response to the claim they are?

The circumstances and people involved are different.

No, I just would have fired her.

The posts in this thread are a good indication of what I was trying to say in the Potter thread.

You change the human from a blue uniform to a white lab coat and all of a sudden it’s different.

1 Like

I don’t care. Doctors and nurses are doing the best that they can. Medical management decisions and corporate greed may be a big factor.