Should BLM be sued for slander?

That’s illogical.

You can sue an organization, or a person.

But, obviously, there must be some legal entity after the “v.” to hold liable.

A movement is an organization. There are several people who have claimed to be founders.

is it a legal entity?

And there probably hundreds of organizations that claim to represent “Black Lives Matter”.

But I would guess that only a small fraction of people who consider themselves part of BLM are actually members of any of those organizations.

Michael Brown got just what he deserved…alone with anyone else that tries to take my weapon by force.

It’s interesting that you cast yourself in the role of Officer Wilson. Or was that just a typo?

No…I’m saying anyone that tries to take my weapon by force will get just what they deserve.

1 Like

anyone? does that include law enforcement

I could get a couple names no problem.

Did he?

It seems that way. I could be wrong.

There’s a jump from Michael Brown to “anyone else” who tries to take his gun away that I certainly wouldn’t have made.

A man will only take your gun by force for one reason.

Did those people directly slander the officer.

I understand. It’s just a matter of perspective, I guess.

From where I sit, I’ve been hassled by the cops a lot more often than someone has tried to wrestle my gun away from me.

Do they represent the organization that did?

How is that relevant? The two are not mutually exclusive.

I think it would at least be worth talking to an attorney over. Actually, I might ask them nicely if they would remove the murder reference. Maybe they would be reasonable?

Of course they’re not mutually exclusive.

But when I hear the story of the shooting of Michael Brown, my initial reaction would be to put myself in Mr. Brown’s shoes, rather than Officer Wilson’s.

I’m not sure you could make a slander suit stick but you could conceivably prosecute the actors for incitement to riot.