Should BLM be sued for slander?

They are still spreading hate by claiming that Michael Brown was murdered. I wonder if Officer Wilson could sue them for slander? They have put him through a lot of undeserved hell.

Thoughts?

he would lose.

You can’t sue a movement.

Who would you have him sue?

2 Likes

That wasn’t the question. Do you agree that it is immoral for BLM to destroy a man who has done nothing wrong?

The owners of the BLM website who published it.

Which website was that?

1 Like

Good question.

I have an even better answer.

Do tell.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/news/

Go to page 3.

Never Forget Mike Brown

August 9, 2019

Your murder sparked the conversation and the movement that will end police brutality in this country. We will never stop fighting for you and so many others. Rest in power.

Never Forget Mike Brown

August 9, 2019

Your murder sparked the conversation and the movement that will end police brutality in this country. We will never stop fighting for you and so many others. Rest in power.

Ok. Where’s the slander?

Wait - you’re saying that “Your murder” is the “false statement purporting to be fact”?

5 Likes

Let me try to explain it another way.

Is the statement “Nicole Brown Simpson was murdered” slander against O.J.?

Freedom of speech includes being able to openly disagree with jury verdicts.

To answer the OP’s question.

No.

Yes. They are claiming that Brown was murdered. By definition that would make officer Wilson a murderer. Would it not?

Again - is it defamation against O.J. Simpson to state that Nicole Simpson was murdered?

1 Like

Hillary Clinton has a lot of lawsuits to file, then, eh?

5 Likes

Okay. Lets take a step back. Is it moral for them to accuse a man who did nothing wrong of murder?

There is a fundemental disconnect here.

I think it is safe to say that quite a few Americans strongly disagree with the statement “Darren Wilson did nothing wrong”.

1 Like