Should Baldwin be charged?

Yeah, no one seems to be buying it. I’m not familiar with this type of gun, but his explanation doesn’t make sense to me.

1 Like

It’d be interesting to see the report about that gun put through any and all scenarios to make it fire.

I’m surprised there’s been no mention that baldwin is an ABC employee, and george stephanaopoulos seems to be the interviewer of choice for leftists to launder their one-sided garbage stories.

4 Likes

That’s because what he said occurred cannot happen with that type of gun.

1 Like

I think he sees charges coming and cannot keep his mouth shut.

His lawyers have to be exasperated.

No doubt he gets charged now.

Complete moron to do that interview.

2 Likes

A single action revolver without a transfer bar? Yes it can.

1 Like

I have several (unmodified old model Ruger Blackhawks) and they will not fire if your thumb slips off the hammer before it ■■■■■. His claim is bogus.

Most movie set “old western” revolvers are Uberties. They all have transfer bar safeties or retracting firing pins.

No, they don’t. Uberti started using them in 2016.

Your Rugers do.

The odds are Baldwin pulled the trigger. He might not even have realized he had his finger on it or pulled.

He’s a dumbass, and a lot of dumbasses think the trigger is a handle to hold it.

1 Like

No … Uberti switched from transfer bars to retracting firing pins in 2016.

I have several old model Ruger Blackhawks and Single Sixes. Some have the transfer bar conversion; some are new models with the transfer bar, and some are original (unconverted,) None of them will fire as Baldwin described.

Movie sets don’t use old original Colts and whatnot for authenticity. They are much too rare and valuable. That’s where Uberti stepped in … making authentic looking replicas (they got their start making black powder replicas in 1959, but they really got it going with the Sergio Lione “spaghetti westerns” in the late 60s and 70s.) Since the mid 70s, they are manufactured to modern safety standards, the same as all other revolvers from major manufacturers. Now I can’t say that Baldwin’s gun was a Uberti or not, but it’s highly unlikely that regardless of who manufactured it, that it was capable of firing in the manner he claims.

You can be wrong. Have a nice evening.

I don’t know what SHOULD happen to Baldwin. But the bullet was real–someone might know where it came from.

1 Like

Of course I can. So can you.

I saw an expert demo the gun on TV the other day. The gun in question had click stops when you pulled the hammer back and when you released your thumb it wouldn’t fire. However, if the trigger was already sqeezed when you pulled the hammer back and let go it would fire. I figure that is what happened. Baldwin already had the trigger pulled when he pulled the hammer back.

That being said, I don’t think any of that matters. When someone hands you a gun and says it’s cold you have a responsibility to verify that is true before you point it anywhere. It’s gun safety 101 and Baldwin blew it. He should be charged.

3 Likes

This one?

Yeah…that is the guy. Good explanation.

In another video he explains that sometimes replicas are made lacking such safety features though, which is how he got three fingers on one hand blown off. It was a rifle that had no spring in the loading thingy so when the bullets dropped down into the tube one of them went off causing a chain reaction that blew off three fingers, which he luckily had reattached. So it’s not a slam dunk that the weapon Baldwin had was made correctly if it was a replica or not in disrepair. Easy to determine forensically though.

To me, this is the bottom line. Maybe the gun didn’t have the proper safety mechanisms, and maybe the armorer told him it was cold. But Baldwin should have checked for himself before he pointed it at someone and pulled the hammer back.

1 Like

At a minimum he is negligent, the question is, how are the laws written, and how successful they are at shifting blame to the armorer.

1 Like

Am I the only one that had a big issue with Baldwin blaming the deceased victim for him pointing the firarm at her?

I was mildly sympathetic…Now I am hoping he at least gets charged and tried for manslaughter.