Should Baldwin be charged?

For the record I’m not a Balwin Bro’s guy, at all.
Baldwin acting in film.
Baldwin Produces said film.
What ever he claims his Producer credit as is one thing, what he was, is, is the Line Producer of that project, workplace.
The Line Producer is the day to day Producer, the on set problem solver etc…
He could be an Executive Producer etc… but by his being there daily, as a Producer, and Actor; he’s on set daily, his natural role would be that of the Line Producer variety making him a very, very responsible Producer indeed; as safety is a number #1 priority.
His long, and extensive well documented reputation for “douce’ baggery” does not help the fact that some of that film crew had quit just days prior to the shooting due to untenable work conditions, that he, Baldwin created as Line Producer.
That was a work place first, and he ran it.
If it was not in keeping with accepted standards he’s on the hook, as I’m sure his violations invalidate the insurance carriers burden to compensate partially or totally.
If Baldwin was so abusive, so recklessly out of the norm of production safety requirements knowingly, it is reckless disregard.
He will never get an insurance carrier to back him again as a Producer or even maybe as an Actor too.
Guns on set create a heightened duty on his part that he clearly failed to execute.
If it was because he was an aggressive, “I don’t care about the rules,” kinda’ guy.
“We’re losing sunlight!”
“Shoot!”
“Shoot!”
Then he is in trouble.
This was not an accident then, but rather a breakdown in safety procedure, a breakdown created by him personally, as Line producer.
He’s either the biggest moron in Hollywood.
Or the biggest ■■■■■■■■ who’s belligerence has now killed an innocent person just looking to make a living.

…and he and he alone made the decision to pull the trigger…period.

And now he says he didn’t.

From the article:

The real surprise, however, was George Stephanopoulos asking why he fired the gun when it wasn’t in the script and Baldwin replied, “The trigger wasn’t pulled. I didn’t pull the trigger.”

So he never pulled the trigger? “No, no, no, no,” Baldwin answered. “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them, never.” But there was no explanation beyond that.

1 Like

Damn evil possessed gun.

It is worth noting that the gun cocked itself too. Even a possessed single action revolver cannot fire unless it’s been cocked first. :wink:

7 Likes

WHAT??? Cannot try that now.

Apparently the gun pulled its own trigger, or just spontaneously exploded in his hand, or something.

1 Like

Must be an…“automatic”?

Fully automatic. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, the gun did it… :rofl:

4 Likes

boy… suv did it. the gun did it…

the left never does anything wrong ever

4 Likes

It’s ALWAYS someone else’s fault! :wink:

2 Likes

An Excited State, or Excited Utterance; depending on State Law, establishes just after an event a person involved recounts said event most truthfully.
Still under the effects they Naturally speak more honestly, and freely about it.
In short they don’t have enough time to formulate an alternate version. In that Excited State the Courts recognize a person will speak truthfully, and it seems Alec did.
These kinds of Excited Utterance Laws defeat any Hearsay contentions; and they’re called Hearsay Exceptions.
Just after the event Baldwin told law enforcement that he fired said gun, Miranda or not prior is moot as it’s clearly Hearsay Exception language; depending on the Laws of the State.
If he did say to law enforcement on scene that he pulled the trigger, and now publicly is saying he didn’t, he’s screwed bigly.
Baldwin stated in recent interview, “It’s the worst thing to happen to me.”
No mention of it being the worst thing to happen to the killed, and injured involved, then, then, him too. No it was a quick response, “Me, me, me.” Very, very telling, very chilling…
A loaded question for sure though, and Baldwin failed it.
If Depositions in Criminal proceedings are allowed there he will be Deposed, and will give varying stories there too no doubt that will then be used to Impeach him. The Jury will be instructed to view Baldwin a liar, as a matter of Law.
Not good for him at all.
The main motive for Reckless Disregard resulting in Death, and Sever Bodily Injury here is most clearly monetary, as Producer Baldwin profits from this Production. Lower or even ignore required safety protocols in Production means it is created faster, and cheaper, maximizing profit, for him personally, bottom line.
It seems Alec Baldwin knowingly treated human beings as widgets, and nothing more.
It’s funny how those in Hollywood who know him best are awfully quiet.
That poor talented young woman, and mother.
Alec won’t say it so I will, “It’s the worst thing to happen to her, and her family.”

1 Like

So here’s his explanation:

Baldwin was rehearsing a scene in which he was to draw his gun and ■■■■ the hammer. He claims Hutchins directed him where to point the gun so that she could get the best shot.

“[I pulled] the hammer as far back as I could without cocking the actual gun,” Baldwin explained. “I’m just showing [it]. I go, ‘How about that? Does that work? You see that? Do you see that?’ And then she goes, ‘Yeah, that’s good.’ I let go of the hammer, bang! The gun goes off.”

Is your current avatar Eternity or Uatu the Watcher?

Uatu from the What If…? series.

I wasn’t thinking of that source. He’s the one who narrates the comic book series.

Season 1 left me wondering… “What if Disney made a Marvel movie with classic 2D Disney animation?” I’d buy every anniversary release. That series spoiled the hell out of me.

It’s not Hilaria, it’s hilarious.

That’s the best euphemism for premature ej…. Never mind

1 Like

That is the weakest attempt to cover one’s ass I have ever seen in my 32 years on this planet.

1 Like