Should an armed bystander who interrupted a mass shooting face charges?

That is precisely what it states. If nobody knows you are carrying a gun in the mall, who is going to arrest you? Unless someone in authority representing the mall sees you are carrying and asks you to leave, nobody will arrest you. It’s like speeding … if you are not caught, it’s as though it didn’t happen.

Actually he was caught…when he took it out. Doesn’t matter what the reason was. At the least its a summary offense.

Was he arrested? No, it’s as though that offense never happened.

Not yet…and may never be.

They shouldn’t be able to confiscate his weapon.

I’m truly glad she is ok.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Taken as evidence, not confiscated. That is routine whenever a gun is fired at a crime scene even when no charges are filed against the gun owner. Even police officers have their guns taken into evidence. It may take him months, even years, but he should eventually get it back.

1 Like

I know that. I’m saying it shouldn’t be. It’s not “evidence” of anything. He’s not denying he used it.

It was confiscated, no matter the reason.

1 Like

Whats that got to do with it? Admitting something is yours means it can’t be used as evidence?

The phrase that comes to mind here is: “I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6”

“Evidence” of what?

What ever a case involves…In this case…carrying where it was prohibited.

:rofl::+1:t4: sure, sure.

1 Like

Yep…That sign was there for decoration. Perhaps for halloween.

That sign does not hold force of law.

Police confiscating the weapon proves what?

Let me guess…That sign violates the 2nd, so its meaningless…lol

No, it doesn’t. Unless the mall was built with public funds or has some other public tie.

So you putting posted sign on your land means nothing?

Depends on the law. Or the state. That sign doesn’t hold force of law in Texas either. I can walk right past it.

A properly displayed 30.06 or 30.07 sign does.