Should a president biden expand the supreme court

Lot better than minority rules.

1 Like

You got it.

The president has been elected as per the constitution. You know the national popular vote mean squat. Hell when the constitution was written, there wasn’t even a popular vote.

Change the constitution if you want it to be winner of national popular vote takes all.

So authoritarianism. Got it.

1 Like

No, ■■■■ the ‘ordered liberty’ of vote suppressing, corporate bootlicking, ecological collapse causing, prison building, authoritarian christonationalists.

1 Like

Winning the popular vote is like getting Miss Congeniality in a beauty contest.

Doesn’t mean much.

Nah. Just a deep lack of respect coming to the surface.

1 Like

And ■■■■ private gun ownership if you’re going that route, like every major democrat wants.

No. That’s what we have now.

We need to change that.

1 Like

Yes, even with the risks associated with PR.

Oh no!

I have been working on an idea for dealing with the Supreme Court, that would be consistent with the Constitution.

It would alter the retirement/senior status requirements for Justices.

The current requirement is at least 65 years of age, 10 years service and service plus age must equal to 80. I would alter the requirement to state that any Justice reaching 20 years of service would automatically become senior/retirement eligible.

I would further require that any Justice reaching senior/retirement eligibility would have three options:

1. Take senior status
  2. Retire outright
  3. Remain in active status as a Circuit Judge at large, permitted to sit with any Court of Appeals.

This would take their retirement out of their control. It would eliminate ancient Justices on the Supreme Court. It would result in every President having a reasonable guarantee of having influence upon the court.

1 Like

No need to get emotional.

This is about reflecting the will of the people.

1 Like

Angra, Do, Pete and I are all gun users, IIRC.

Not fixing the island and treating it with disdain will be one of trump’s greatest mistakes. That’s an opening.

All want extreme gun control, iirc. Hell, I’d have to get a on a registry if Biden gets his way.

The citizens will never stand for an authoritarian style government.

Not the majority anyway.

1 Like

Agreed. I would also encourage the creation of another state from all non-Hawaii Pacific islands.

They’ll stand for 200,000+ dead Americans? They’ll stand for anything, then. Don’t be so sure.

2 Likes

Will of the people. They want gun control, right?