Shooting in Kenosha WI by citizen possible militia related

We’ll see

Possession of a dangerous weapon by a minor (under 18) is a Class A misdemeanor.

He’s charged with first degree murder. And he was charged as an adult.

It’s super weird how you can’t bring yourself to condemn this when as long as it was in theory you’ve condemned it for a decade plus.

1 Like

You sure?

Depending on the circumstances and the law in your state, the fact that you possessed, carried, or used a gun illegally may not prevent you from defending yourself against criminal charges by claiming that you needed it for self-defense. Even if you’re allowed to use that defense, illegal gun possession could cast you in a suspicious light with law enforcement or complicate an already potentially complicated case if you have to use the weapon in self-defense.

1 Like

Condemn what?

Is it even legal for a 17 year old to open carry? And if so, are permits valid across state lines?

Just like the Blake case we will need to let the justice system work.

There is no rush.

Let the law work.

:police_car:

Yeah, I’m sure. You can claim self-defense. Sometimes. In some states. Depending on the phase of the moon. And the judge. That’s not the same thing.

This kid is legitimately ■■■■■■■ He made some real poor choices.

Dude crossed state lines with an illegal burner to go be a cool guy with a gun and killed two people. You sound like you hope he gets off.

He killed two people with an illegal weapon and has just been arrested,

But “he’ll be fine”?

What does this even mean?

1 Like

No…

Ok…wasnt sure what the deal was on that.

Let the law do its job.

That is what that means.

:man_shrugging:t3:

Interesting who you will condemn and who you say to “wait and let the law do its job”.

:thinking:

What do you think the law’s “job” is, in this situation?

What does the the law say about a kid playing cosplay Call of Duty with an illegal gun, and murdering two people with it?

1 Like

I have said that for Blake as well.

This phenomena of video justice is a real problem.

:man_shrugging:t3:

How do you know he crossed state lines with the rifle? Which is not illegal by the way.

Whether or not he killed two people remains to be seen. He has been charged, not adjudicated.

I just checked again, I see nothing in Wisconsin self defense law requiring the weapon to be “legal”.

Do I? Strange. Because I’m not tying a virtual hangman’s noose?

“Burner!” :rofl::sunglasses: So cool! Mickey Spillane?

I kind of agree but?

The guy shot and killed two people on video.

It is just what it sounds like.

Must be nice to get a trial and all that due process stuff.

How can we be shocked by this after months of mob riots?

The agitators have been spoiling for it, IMO.