She's a Danger to the Republic

that lie won’t go far

By that logic, government should never be able to communicate to the general public. They should never be able to comment on anything.

boy i am glad that you posted this.

the bill of rights is to check the federal govt overreach into our lives.

Allan

It’s not a lie.

Twitter virtually rejected every single inquiry. If they felt pressure, why didn’t they do everything?

It’s not about being able, it’s about the nature of the communication what is being addressed

Removal of content isn’t the same as “hey there is a storm coming”

Time and time again the left and the right must ask itself what happens when those whom they oppose come to power and use the newly minted rights to do what ever they believe is appropriate under the new rules.

1 Like

no they didn’t.

We all know what side is not for free speech. Thus which side is full of tyrants…

Just like they want to keep certain people off the ballot…

No more liberty in liberalism, and little democracy left in the democratic party.

1 Like

I thought he was more left-leaning Libertarian.

Which they cannot be allowed to do by putting pressure on companies to do through them what they cannot do directly (or so I hope the court decides).

Why, then you change your position overnight. Everybody knows that.

1 Like

I so misread that at first🙃

The government didn’t remove any content from Twitter. Twitter reject a lot of their inquiries.

When Twitter, Facebook, Google, get called to a congressional hearing… is that a violation of 1A?

1 Like

Yes they did. It’s right there in the Twitter files.

What pressure?

Where is the “do this or else this happens”?

1 Like

they did block users and tweets based on the governments requests, just ask the NY Post. Attempting to deny that when it was well published at the time is just insanity

4 Likes

are you familiar with the Supreme Court? Lots and lots of opinions that state the government even being in the room puts a damper on speech.

2 Likes

Twitter blocked post in accordance to their terms and services. Twitter also ignored or flat out rejected many inquiries.

1 Like

ignored or rejected “many” is the same as saying did not ignore or reject “some”. ONE is too many.

And twitter did not block the post due to their terms and conditions which the post did not violate, that was just the excuse they used to comply with the government

1 Like

So congressional hearings are a violation of 1A? Public statements by Congress people on social media apps are against 1A?

Yes they did.