Sheriffs Keeping Their Oaths

Sorry but a person having different views on guns than you is not a hoplophobe.

1 Like

It has not been upheld, it has remained unchallenged. There is is huge difference.

By their oath. They have sworn to protect the Constitution.

The Constitution takes precedent over law.

Only infants that have a need to join the “militia” and be protected from persecution by the government. In 2019.

Really? What about Montana Shooting Sports Ass’n v. Holder which was denied cert in January 2014? Was that a challenge to the NFA?

1 Like

Here is an example of what happens when one believes this kind of nonsense…

1 Like

You extrapolated his examples to rationalize your wants.

And he is wrong, he didn’t explain why. “Longstanding” is not a reason.

And I’m citing that the SCOTUS doesn’t have the power to do what it’s doing.

Abuse of the commerce clause. Without even looking at it.

There we go.

LMAO… Play stupid games, win stupid prizes…

Am I wrong?

No, I’m just trying to discuss the power of the sheriffs. Been trying to do so for a bit now.

Their oath does not wield more power than the constitution, or the law itself.

Yes…

The correct recourse for these sheriffs is to file suit. In the mean time, what the people voted upon is law, whether the sheriffs personally agree or not, and their job is to uphold it.

Sounds a lot like the Kim Davis excuse.

They are law enforcement officers, not law interpreters.

Until which point the laws of WA are struck down, it’s their job to uphold, whether they agree or not.

Well, the problem here is that there are varying opinions on what exactly is “constitutional.” There is a field of thought, even among this thread, that there can literally be NO infringement of the right to bear, even among those convicted of crimes. “Shall not be infringed.” Others side with Scalia (aka-the courts) when they said that the right can be taken away with due process. “Shall not be infringed.”

There are varying degrees of which court findings are acceptable and which are not.

Which is why we have the judiciary in the first place.

Shall not be infringed.