Senate says "NO" so selling arms to Saudi Arabia. Trump vows to veto

So you admit the “agreement” was successful in decreasing the the threat of Iranian nuclear weapons to zero?

No.
10 chars

Now you know.

But don’t take my word for it.

Wait, let me guess. The CRS is deep state? Fake news? Libs? I might be forgetting a few.

Actually, I was mistaken. They had enough for 8 nuclear weapons before the agreement.

When the JPA went into effect in January 2014, Iran had enough uranium hexafluoride containing up to 5% uranium-235 to yield—if further enriched—weapons-grade HEU for as many as eight nuclear weapons.95 If it had been further enriched, the total amount of Iranian uranium hexafluoride containing 20% uranium-235 would have been sufficient for a nuclear weapon. Pursuant to the JCPOA, Iran has restricted and/or dismantled various portions of its nuclear program. Iran currently lacks enough low-enriched uranium hexafluoride to produce a nuclear weapon.

My bad.

Not sure what point you are trying to make. Are you somehow implying that this agreement ensures Iran could never have a nuclear weapon?

No one has ever claimed that.

So then we agree we are simply kicking the can down the road?

Basically, we are front loading the agreement with tons of money while freeing up their assets if they will delay obtaining nuclear weapons.

And for us we get to kick the can down the road, while hoping they aren’t secretly working on their weapons program - given that we can’t do surprise inspections and that certain sites remain off limits to inspection.

Oh and they get to use the freed up money to fund their terrorist activities and continue to go after our interests in the region.

Sounds like a really swell deal for them. Nothing for us, but hey we made them happy.

How do you feel about SALT and START? Kicking the can?

Those treaties had nothing to do with preventing the Soviet Union from obtaining nuclear weapons.

2019!!! The year when people start caring about kicking the can down the road. How conveniet.

When it comes to Iran, I’m of the mind that they cannot be allowed to obtain nuclear weapons. Whatever it takes.

So that’s how you’re gonna go. Very McConnel ish(Garland).

70 years after it first started. Time to get really serious now. God forbid they wipe out Israel somehow who has military weapons and tech far behind that backyard 3rd world country.

You’ll have to forgive me if I find that not just a little but a whole lot of disingenuous.

Whatever it takes? Really? About how many American lives are you willing to put on the line because of a Come to Jesus moment thats been brewing for 70 years now?

Sanctions? LMAO, that only presses them faster, when you don’t have anything to lose you do more desperate things.

I’m sure this will be followed up with the obligatory, well what are your solutions nonsense. So I’ll just preempt that by saying, I’ll do what it takes to not get into a needless blood shed war just to keep a country from getting weapons that at the point those start flaring everyone is dead.

A rational person could look at a situation like this and say gee do we just start killing everyone know and they us now, or contrast that against … the end of the world. Hmmm wonder how hard that decision is.

Whatever it takes, but not agreements that have them give up nuclear material and lets the world monitor that activity. Because its not an agreement till infinity.

The issue is whether or not we will allow Iran to have nuclear weapons. Kicking the can down the road simply delays the inevitable, as we found out with NK. We can’t make that same mistake with Iran.

There is no NK nuclear threat.

We all but told them that they could obtain nuclear weapons with our blessing once the agreement expired.

When was the last time NK dropped a nuke on someone?

Now you are trying to be funny. If NK perfects their ballistic missile technology allowing them to deliver a nuclear weapon to our mainland, that will be a game changer.

We are done! :roll_eyes: