Senate Intelligence Committee (once again) confirms Russia helped Trump during elections

A Republican led Senate Intelligence Committee Report has confirmed once again that Russia worked to get Trump elected in 2016.

The Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday reaffirmed its support for the U.S. intelligence community’s conclusion that the Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election with the goal of putting Donald Trump in the Oval Office.

Tuesday’s bipartisan report, from a panel chaired by North Carolina Republican Richard Burr, undercuts Trump’s years of efforts to portray allegations of Kremlin assistance to his campaign as a “hoax,” driven by Democrats and a “deep state” embedded within the government bureaucracy.

The intelligence community’s initial January 2017 assessment of Moscow’s influence campaign included “specific intelligence reporting to support the assessment that [Russian President Vladimir] Putin and the Russian government demonstrated a preference for candidate Trump,” the committee’s report says. The panel also found “specific intelligence” to support the conclusion that Putin “approved and directed aspects” of the Kremlin’s interference efforts.

Senators and committee aides examined everything from the sources and methods used for the intelligence-gathering, to the Kremlin’s actions itself. The 158-page report is heavily redacted, with dozens of pages blacked out entirely. But its final conclusions were unambiguous.

“The committee found no reason to dispute the intelligence community’s conclusions,” Burr said in a statement, adding that the intelligence community’s conclusions reflect “strong tradecraft” and “sound analytical reasoning.”

So what? Russia might have helped make Clinton lose, but that’s a good thing for America. I don’t even want to speculate how much of a crisis America would be right now if she was president.

But Putin said he didn’t do it… so naturally that Means the Senate intel committee is full of Trump hating leftists

1 Like

Here is an article about the Russian players against Trump. The difference is nobody claims that stuff against Hillary changed one vote. What did the libs do with the other misinformation?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/15/us/politics/steele-dossier-declassified-footnotes-ig-report.html

They were playing both sides.

1 Like

Politico, yeah, let’s just trust THEIR conclusion. I’ll read the report later this week but I suspect it’s probably more of the same and Politico is lying again.

Just say it out loud sheople…Work with me here…Orange man baaa, baaa, baaad. Say it. You can do it. :sunglasses:

You do it so well, I guess it comes from your years of experience. Maybe the GOAT of sheopling. :sheep:

1 Like

Yes, you must defend your god always.

…and you must respond…always. :sunglasses:

Yep, its what I do.

…so simple…and predictable. :sunglasses:

I did notice there’s no denial.

what’s to deny?

Russia did interfere in the 2016 election, and the 2012 election, and the 2008 election, and the 2004 election… ad infinitum.

In 2016 specifically, they spent a couple 100 thousand on fake news on facebook targeting hillary and released hacked emails from hillary and the dnc, and likely paid for it with the couple million they got from hillary to create the fake trump dossier targeting trump.

i don’t agree they were trying to get trump elected. i believe, they like everyone else thought he had no chance of winning and their true goal was to damage and weaken hillary before she took office.