Senate C.R. update 12/27/18

When you can’t argue the point, change the subject? :laughing:

What point? That you incorrectly stated that US law requires asylum seekers to seek asylum in their first port of entry? I though we both agreed that you were incorrect…

Please, this from the guy who says the Supreme Court justices aren’t appointed even though it specifically says so in the Constitution? I’d post the actual law, but we both know it would be a waste of our time since you’d simply argue it says something other than what it actually says. :roll_eyes:

Does that mean you’re going to address the fact that the law doesn’t say what you think it did?

So you’ve given up actually discussing and gone back to trolling. Color me surprised. :roll_eyes:

No, you won’t post the actual law because we all know it doesn’t actually say what you claimed it does

Pay attention to the affirmative and defensive asylum parts. Tell me if you can spot the difference?

Not that old tired argument.

Nominated by the POTUS. Confirmed by the senate.

what happened to Merrick Garland and Robert Bork’s “Appointments” to, SCOTUS.
the usual deflection.

where is the statute?

Allan

Both fill out exactly the same form to claim asylum.

Allan

If the law is as you state, why is the Trump administration not enforcing this law?

No they don’t. One is called “Defensive” for a reason. Bzzzt. Try again.

Why don’t you cite the actual law? It’s really not that hard to read…

Wrong. The law says that an agreement with that “third country” must be in place and there currently is not.

(A)Safe third country

Paragraph (1) shall not apply to an alien if the Attorney General determines that the alien may be removed, pursuant to a bilateral or multilateral agreement, to a country (other than the country of the alien’s nationality or, in the case of an alien having no nationality, the country of the alien’s last habitual residence) in which the alien’s life or freedom would not be threatened on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion, and where the alien would have access to a full and fair procedure for determining a claim to asylum or equivalent temporary protection, unless the Attorney General finds that it is in the public interest for the alien to receive asylum in the United States.

Here is an example of a safe third country agreement…

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/agreements/safe-third-country-agreement.html

Uh, that doesn’t say that they need to come in through a port of entry.

Read the law again. I was talking about asylum seekers. The part you are quoting me is talking about the US government. :roll_eyes:

How would Trump force other countries to take them in or take their applications?

LOL. you are so wrong its not funny.

everyone who claims asylum fills out the exact same form.

Allan

Because without an agreement in place he can’t and we all know he is too ineffective of a negotiator to get one in place.

Oh so you’re just deflecting then. Great. Moving on.