Senate C.R. update 12/27/18

The Senate adjourned at 4:04 p.m., Senator Roberts presiding. Speaking as senator from Kansas, Senator Roberts secured consent for the Senate to reconvene at 10 a.m. Monday, December 31, when it will conduct a pro forma session only.

The Senate will then adjourn until 4 p.m. Wednesday, January 2, and will resume consideration of H.R. 695, the continuing resolution.

The Senate will convene at 4 p.m. and will resume consideration of the House Message to accompany H.R.695, the House-passed resolution to continue federal spending.

The above quoted material is from the Senate log for today.

The Senate met for 4 minutes today and adjourned for a pro forma session on December 31, then to January 2 for business. The deadline for the current legislation is 11:59:59 am on January 3, 2019, when the present Congress will expire and the new Congress begins. Any pending legislation dies at that time and must be started over from the beginning in the new Congress.

As a minimum, we will be in government shutdown until January 2, 2019 at the earliest.

so it will be the new congress’ budget…

Looks like they are running out the clock.

@safiel I think you meant Pat Roberts, the senator from Vriginia :grin:

So what happens when the new House passes a clean C.R… basically the same thing that the Senate passed as basically their last act?

Does the Senate pass it?

If they do pass it then does Trump veto it?

If he vetoes it… does the Senate overide it?

I hope those 800K + people have money in their saving account.

Honestly, I’m looking into going back into the private sector where I don’t have to deal with this crap.

No the Senate will not pass the clean CR that will be passed by the Dem House.

McDonnell won’t let it go through until Trump has given his blessing. Who knows when that will be.

house passes a “clean” C.R. and sends it to the Senate.

Senate is majority R’s. They can amend the wall money back in, pass it and send it back to the house.

House will then vote it down or not vote on it making it the D’s that won’t pas it :smiley:

1 Like

Nope. Polling will continue to reflect this as a Trump shut down

This is the crazy thing though.

If the House passes the CR that was accepted by the Senate by an overwhelming majority like two weeks ago… why wouldn’t they accept it in a few days?

The polls have spoken. The shutdown is on Trump.

Amusing:

Outgoing Republican Representative Ryan Costello

“Rule No. 1 in negotiation is don’t negotiate against yourself,” Costello said. “The president had Nancy and Chuck in the Oval Office and he negotiated against himself, and now he’s in a corner, and I’m not sure how he backs himself out of that corner.”

3 Likes

Not to worry. We’ve been told Trump is the master negotiator who is playing eleventh dimensiony chess 15 moves ahead of his competitors.

I feel sorry for the 800K + people lives that are going to be â– â– â– â– â– â–  thanks to this stupid wall â– â– â– â– â– 

If polling said the sun wee blue . . . . would the sun be blue?

1 Like

Feel sorry for the 800k+ people who are suffering because the Dem’s don’t give a ■■■■ about US security.

2 Likes

They dont…alot work pay check. to paycheck

The stupid wall isn’t going to do anything about border security.

1 Like

Your right. Dem’s should put in 100 billion for an “area 51” type security system. No walls there :smiley: but try and get onto the property.

2 Likes