Sears & Kmart are likely down to their last 24 hours

I’m not mourning squat and I actually agree with you. I think coal miners should get with program and update their business models and careers as well.

1 Like

I know. Your fauxrage was quite transparent. :roll_eyes:

If you want a 20-page report, talk to Sears or Kmart. But isn’t Trump “The Art of the Deal” man? He said he knew how to save jobs. You supported that. So you tell me why he didn’t keep his promises.

Did he ever specifically say he would save Kmart/Sears? link please.

When my dryer broke I called the repairman. It needed a whole new control panel because the dial had broken. Labor and new part cost about $400 versus a new dryer (same brand) which would have been $1300ish.

You are right about that. I was raised on Sears goods.

A lot of us care … a lot. It drives me crazy to throw good stuff out that could easily be fixed, but as you said it often costs more than buying a new replacement. Even buying the parts and fixing it yourself often doesn’t make economic sense anymore.

1 Like

No Lou, what’s sad is that you feel the need to blame Trump for something that has been nearly inevitable for the last 20 years.

“I want to bring the country together. It’s happening,” said Trump, who in his next breath said, “I think the Fed is overly aggressive” in raising interest rates.

“Other than that, we are doing so well, it’s incredible,” added Trump. “The numbers, the corporate earnings, the liquidity, it’s incredible. Our country is so strong. We’ve never been in a position as good as we are now, economically."

EXCLUSIVE: Trump takes credit for economy, blames 'overly aggressive' Fed for stock market | Washington Examiner

"In many ways this is the greatest economy in the HISTORY of America”

President Trump, in a tweet, June 4

"We have the strongest economy in the history of our nation."

Trump, in remarks to reporters, June 15

"We have the greatest economy in the history of our country."

Trump, in an interview with Sean Hannity on Fox News, July 16

"We’re having the best economy we’ve ever had in the history of our country."

Trump, in a speech at a steel plant in Illinois, July 26

“This is the greatest economy that we’ve had in our history, the best.”

Trump, in a rally in Charleston, W.Va., Aug. 21

"You know, we have the best economy we’ve ever had, in the history of our country."

Trump, in an interview on “Fox and Friends,” Aug. 23

"It’s said now that our economy is the strongest it’s ever been in the history of our country, and you just have to take a look at the numbers."

Trump, in remarks on a White House vlog, Aug. 24

“We have the best economy the country’s ever had and it’s getting better.”

Trump, in an interview with the Daily Caller, Sept. 3

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/07/president-trumps-repeated-claim-greatest-economy-history-our-country/?utm_term=.faef9b24dc91

President Trump has taken credit for the economy, he is adamant that it is on him, so I am thanking him.

“Other than that, we are doing so well, it’s incredible,” added Trump. “The numbers, the corporate earnings, the liquidity, it’s incredible. Our country is so strong. We’ve never been in a position as good as we are now, economically."

EXCLUSIVE: Trump takes credit for economy, blames 'overly aggressive' Fed for stock market | Washington Examiner

Go whine to your boy in the White House, he wants to take full credit for the state of this economy.

If he can take credit for every job created, for every business success, new and old, under his watch then he can sure as hell take full credit for every job lost and or business ended.

Nothing sad about giving him thanks.

What exactly was he supposed to do? Force the public to buy at Sears or KMart?

Force Sears in particular to update to clientele who do a lot of shopping online?

Yep. They can be complete & total turds, to be quite frank.

They cannot get sales jobs elsewhere?

Sure. If there are any where they live. But losing a job is still a bad thing.

1 Like

That says much about you and nothing about Trump. Sad.

Talk about blinder wearing Trumplicans!

Now that is sad.

But not in the least surprising.

:laughing:

1 Like

Okay smarty pants, educate me. Precisely what do you think Trump did that put Sears and Kmart out of business?

He could have bailed them out. Chose not too.

What funds does the president have exclusive control over that he could have used to bail them out?

Another casualty of the government shutdown?

Not really. He managed to find clever ways to subsidize others. Turns out that cashiers aren’t as politically useful as farmers, miners and factory workers.