Sean Hannity on Media Coverage of Michael Cohen in US District Court Before Judge Kimba Wood

Originally published at: Sean Hannity on Media Coverage of Michael Cohen in US District Court Before Judge Kimba Wood | Sean Hannity

Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.

I assumed those conversations were confidential, but to be absolutely clear they never involved any matter between me and a third-party.

In response to some wild speculation, let me make clear that I did not ask Michael Cohen to bring this proceeding on my behalf, I have no personal interest in this proceeding, and, in fact, asked that my de minimis discussions with Michael Cohen, which dealt almost exclusively about real estate, not be made a part of this proceeding.

Even if you contracted with Cohen to represent you, what is the Conflict of Interest? From my perspective and I
have employed lawyers to represent me in the past it’s no ones business but mine regardles of any associations whoever that may be. It would seem to me a judge that officiated the wedding of George Soros has a conflict of interest. In my case I would be talking to a lawyer that would butt heads with this judge?

The conflict is that he has discussed Cohen on his show in a favorable way without letting people know they have a relationship. As an opinionated TV personality, he should have made that known.

Odds are this info will come out. If none of this falls under attorney client privilege then any news group can request it as it will be public info…so I’ll wait and see what comes of it in a week or two…Sean may be right…he may be wrong.

Does a TV personality owe it to the viewing audience to be completely transparent?

I think if your going to criticise the raid on the Presidents lawyer you should at least point out the lawyer is a friend of yours who you have sought legal advice from.Full disclosure would’ve been better than to have it revealed in a courtroom

Some information has already come out. This morning, The Guardian has a story on some of Sean Hannity’s real estate dealings for anyone that wants to look at it.

I made a thread about it…the usuals went at it as if I was attacking their puppy

That’s what you took from the replies? Pathetic.

I know people in real life that will get into a lather if you say anything bad about Rush Limbaugh. That’s like me getting defensive if somebody says something bad about Charles Barkley. They’re both just people on TV or radio.

Because we know that all judges/ministers that officiate someone’s wedding is now their lackey.

That’s what I’m wondering. I’m not going to carry water for Sean, however, my reply in the thread was to be cognizant of who’s hosting this message board and to understand certain avenues of discussion aren’t available here. There’s other boards and communities for those types of discussion.

Absolutely. Especially someone like Hannity who gives his political opinion almost every day. It’s a no brainer. Not only that but keeping silent has put the credibility of Fox, already in question, in a worse spot.

It is Mr Hannitys right as an American to be on the wrong side of history.

Some days I miss the old forum with the mod section…I know full well one of these guys would have made a thread about it looking to get me in trouble…

You mistake me for someone who cares. I’ve been around long enough to know about Sean’s house. That doesn’t mean he is off limits…its news…I’m here to talk about it.

Anytime someone posts a thread about rush or hannity you have people who are quick to jump on the…contempt of host argument because that’s all they have. You can discuss these people and be respectful about it.

If people want to live in a bubble that’s their issue…

That’s Turribull

1 Like

As far as his conflict of interest goes, that was the first thing that came to my mind when this happened – that he needed to say something. The fact that Fox hasn’t done much about this says plenty about them, too.

He brings in a lot of money…so I can understand foxes opinion on some level…something illegal would have to pop up for fox to be really pushed.

Their credibility took a huge hit because of this (as if they had any to lose).