SCOTUS Appointment 2022

I don’t understand.

I didn’t say that, but obviously you don’t know what Affirmative Action actually is.

You are misidentifying the problem.

How is picking OConnor and Thomas different from this situation that you describe as affirmative action?

Did You know of 114 previous justices. HALF didn’t even have a law degree.

But now a black woman needs to have impeccable credentials to get nominated.

That she be qualified is of equal importance to being a black woman, likely as rated by the ABA.

Because…of course.

barrett

Funny, Brandon didn’t mention it. As Meatloaf sang, “Two out of three ain’t bad…”

Other than my general opposition to female judges, I have no problem with female BIPOC on the SCOTUS.

I have a huge problem with Brandon putting a person on the SCOTUS because of their skin color and sex.

And because he’s paying off Clyburn.

I have a dream! A dream that Presidents will one day nominate judges on the content of their character, rather than pandering.

Yeah- thats all I need to see.

1 Like

Male feminist? Cop out.

Did you have a problem with it for the other 114 ish justices? Who were elected because they were white and male?

Nobody is saying that.

It would be equally as dumb if Biden had said that the next SCOTUS justice would have to be a white male.

1 Like

Not necessary. Haters gonna hate no matter what.

Maybe some day in a future far far away. Unfortunately.

This is nice to see.

76 % of Americans are anti-racist.

During the spring 2020 presidential primaries, days before his set of big wins on Super Tuesday, Biden pledged to nominate the first Black woman to the Supreme Court, if elected. Now, with the chance to do so, just over three-quarters of Americans (76%) want Biden to consider “all possible nominees.” Just 23% want him to automatically follow through on his history-making commitment that the White House seems keen on seeing through. At a ceremony honoring the retiring justice, Biden told reporters he is able to honor his promise without compromising on quality.

1 Like

Long term thinkers don’t complain about a loss that happened over a year ago.

Allan

Don’t matter what the public thinks in this case.

He won’t consider anyone but a black female.

It is cast in stone.

Allan

Should help his already stellar approval ratings :wink:

1 Like

Seems like he already did that and decided he wanted a well qualified black female.

Just like every white man nominated. Being white was part of the selection process.

J’Biden’s entire cabinet is a clown show of incompetent appointees; prove me wrong.
The nomination of a “black female” to the highest court is consistent with this moron’s political debts he and his handlers are beholden to repay.