Scientific proof mask mandates work

How?

Any idea about compliance rates?

Out of the 10 states with the highest number of new cases yesterday, 8 of them have had mandates in place for a while.

Mandates work!

3 Likes

Any idea what that has to do with the new tea rate in China? If mandates work, they work.

more proof

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

So now we are not discussing the efficacy of mandates anymore?

Well, read the article then?

I was mean.

I would assume that the Biden areas are 100% compliant and the Trump areas 0%.

I’ll let you sort which state falls under each.

But remember, the claim is that mandates work. The only thing is relevant is whether or not there is a mandate and what the spike looks like.

I glanced at it. It flies in the face of data.

You “glanced” at it, yet here you are discussing details of the paper and asking how the authors got the difference. Read the paper and should get your answers :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Covid-19 hospitalizations in Tennessee

apparently equals

North Dakota and South Dakota, the two states currently experiencing the worst Covid-19 cases per capita in the country, are both led by Republican governors who have refused to implement mask mandates even as cases have soared.

Yeah, I glanced at it and recognized it for the bull ■■■■ it is. Hospitalizations are a lagging indicator and “mandates” are not the cause of the shift. Mandates have been in place.

1 Like

very scientific of you.

hospitalization is a lagging indicator by a scale of days/ couple of weeks.

you didn’t read the article, yet here you are saying its crap because…reasons.
I have no interest in pursuing this discussion, it’s pointless. have a great night.

2 Likes

The Governor of Ohio is saying his spike is due to:

1. Cold weather
  2. People are sick of it

Says it’s being spread in families and close friends.

1 Like

It’s crap because of data.

They work if there is compliance.

So does volunteering.

Exactly. Wedding and funerals…not schools.

You know Bob, this is actually a very interesting concept I’ve been studying for about a year. The difference between discretionary effort and mandatory compliance.

As I said in another post, this country (and others) made the decision a long time ago to try to drive compliance with punishment.

The problem is it doesn’t work.

That is the very essence of the authoritarian in authoritarian high modernism.

I don’t need them wearing a mask when the cops are there.

And then there’s the whole “how much can your really punish them.” The goal is voluntary compliance - they do it because it’s the right thing to do.

In order to get that, it has to make sense to them because it is an inconvenient action on their part. It has to be honest.

And that’s what Fauci blew in the beginning.

1 Like

Without compliance a mandate does nothing.

There are ways to encourage compliance however. Require masks be worn in public buildings. Require businesses require masks on their premises and and fine them if they don’t. Write tickets if people fail to wear masks.

That’s not hard.

1 Like