SCHUMER’S SCHEME: Chuck Unveils His Strategy to BLOCK Trump’s Court Pick

Originally published at: SCHUMER’S SCHEME: Chuck Unveils His Strategy to BLOCK Trump’s Court Pick | Sean Hannity

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer unveiled his plan to block the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court Tuesday, saying he plans to peel away at least one GOP vote by “proving to the American people” he poses a threat to Obamacare.

Schumer was speaking with CBS News Tuesday when he was asked about a potential Democratic path to sink Kavanaugh’s confirmation process; claiming he was prepared to “get a majority.”

“Let me say this. I believe if we can prove to the American people, which I believe is truly the case, that this nominee will lead to a court that repeals women’s reproductive freedom, repeals ACA with its protections for pre-existing conditions, we will get a majority of the Senate to vote for it,” said the Senator.

“Obviously, even if we had every Democrat, we need two Republicans. But if we can make that case, we will get a majority,” he added.

With Sen. John McCain absent from Congress, the GOP controls the chamber with a razor thin 50-49 majority; meaning Schumer may need just one Republican vote to sink Kavanaugh’s nomination.