SARAH SMACKDOWN: Sanders SILENCES CNN’S April Ryan Over ‘Sanctuary Cities’

Originally published at: SARAH SMACKDOWN: Sanders SILENCES CNN’S April Ryan Over ‘Sanctuary Cities’ | Sean Hannity

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders shutdown CNN’s April Ryan during her daily press briefing Monday; telling the network correspondent she’s “not going to begin to think what you think.”

Sanders was responding to Ryan’s question surrounding the President’s all-out war against California’s sanctuary policies; saying most people -even those in California- have had enough of the liberal guidelines regarding immigration.

“The President’s very clear in his statements about this issue,” said Ryan before reading President Trump’s comments surrounding California’s unconstitutional law. “What does he mean by that?”

“The President has recognized that this is a major problem. A lot of people -even in California- want to see the issue of Sanctuary Cities addressed. The President’s doing what he can to do that,” fired back Sanders.

“I’m not going to begin to think what you think. Certainly, it means a lot of things to a lot of different people. The President’s talking about a growing problem… I don’t have anything else to add,” said the Press Secretary.

Watch the fiery exchange above.

h/t Washington Free Beacon

Just more of radicalized left-wing faux outrage that we come to expect from em.

1 Like

Doesn’t California have a 10th Amendment right to have a sanctuary cities and be a sanctuary state??

Immigration is a federal law/responsibility.

As we have been told, the federal government has plenary power over US immigration law

Uh. Sure. She totally “owned” her. :roll_eyes:

Of all the words in the English vernacular, why did he use “breeding?”

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/press-briefing-press-secretary-sarah-sanders-042318/

Q And last thing, I want to follow up on Jim. What you said — “breeding.” The President was very clear at his statement about this issue. He said, in a tweet, “There is a Revolution going on in California. Soooo many Sanctuary areas want OUT of this ridiculous, crime infested & breeding concept.” What did he mean by “breeding”?

SANDERS: Again, the President has recognized that this is a major problem, and a lot of people, even in California, want to see the issue of sanctuary cities addressed. And the President is doing what he can to do that.

Q But what does “breeding” mean? What does “breeding” mean to this President? Because when you think of breeding, you think of animals breeding — populating.

SANDERS: I’m not going to begin to think what you think —

Q But can you tell us what the President thought?

SANDERS: Certainly, I think that it can mean a lot of things to a lot of people. But the President is talking about a growing problem. And I addressed that with Jim, and I don’t have anything else to add.

No. Immigration is federal purview.

“Homeless camps are breeding grounds of crime, violence, and disease”.

Not that hard to figure out.

Perhaps you need to refresh your memory by rereading the 10th.

Alas, only if that it was he said. He didn’t.

Printz vs United States. Scalia:

“Congress cannot compel the States to enact or enforce a federal regulatory program. Today we hold that Congress cannot circumvent that prohibition by conscripting the State’s officers directly. The Federal Government may neither issue directives requiring the States to address particular problems, nor command the States’ officers, or those of their political subdivisions, to administer or enforce a federal regulatory program. It matters not whether policymaking is involved, and no case by case weighing of the burdens or benefits is necessary; such commands are fundamentally incompatible with our constitutional system of dual sovereignty.”

Serving up all caps in the thread title hardly supports the supposition that Sarah silenced subversives with a scintillating smackdown, any more than alliteration alludes to the assumption that alternative interpretations allow for an all-encompassing adversarial advent of a political apocalypse for our orange-tinted Administrator in Chief.

1 Like

He didn’t say it was an illegal (human) breeding problem either.

The word has uses other than referring to increasing herds of livestock.

And she avoided answering the question. Sanders didn’t “own” anyone.

Indian friend’s of mine say that if a person stare’s into the eyes of a Sasquatch, legend state’s that person can suffer temporary loss of speech and paralasys.