SARAH SMACKDOWN: Huckabee Sanders RIPS Reporters Over ’24 Second News Cycle’

Originally published at: SARAH SMACKDOWN: Huckabee Sanders RIPS Reporters Over ’24 Second News Cycle’ | Sean Hannity

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders unloaded on reporters and the mainstream media this week, slamming the journalists for chasing a “24 second news cycle” and rushing to judgment without the facts.

Sanders was speaking with C-SPAN Thursday when she called-out the White House press pool for prioritizing “being first” over “being right” in their coverage of the Trump administration.

“I think there’s a real race often to be first instead of to be right, and I think that’s a dangerous place," said the Press Secretary. "We used to have a 24-hour news cycle, now we’re running more like on a 24-second news cycle, and I think that’s a dangerous place because there’s not the same editorial process that stories go through before they go live.”

“I think oftentimes people, reporters will use Twitter to comment on a story and they don’t realize that could be taken as news because they are a reporter,” she added. “And those are fast turnarounds, and there’s not an editorial process that those things go through.”

h/t Washington Examiner