Sandy Hook families reach $73 million settlement with riflemaker Remington

I am pretty sure that is what you feel…

What is logical about it? What is Remington’s culpability here?

Indeed, they ■■■■■■ up. Now every gun manufacturer will have to face repercussions from there decision

3 Likes

If you say so. They denied ceriatori, assume that is Roberts and the four libs.

Instead of lies and misunderstanding, that could be a different legal theory.

First I’d like to know what you think was illogical. Was it allowing the lawsuit to be heard or are you saying that it should not have been heard because there was no way could have been culpable?

No, they don’t like the 2nd anymore than your ilk.

1 Like

Actually, no. The current court will never allow another case. Assume it will be like that until well after we are dead.

Remington is not culpable of anything in this case. Therefore it is illogical to allow a suit.

1 Like

It is frivolous.

1 Like

Should we sue boxing gyms when someone who works out at one punches a guy and sends him six feet under?

Should we sue the Gracie family when some cop choke holds a suspect and kills him (George Floyd anyone)?

Where do you draw the line?

They were sued for deceptive marketing practices. Should they be exempt from that?

I don’t agree with my ‘ilk’ regarding 2A.

And as usual, I disagree with your premise. Yours is not the only correct view on the second.

What is deceptive about marketing a rifle as being so reliable, the US Military uses it?

3 Likes

Should the Sackler family/Purdue be sued for marketing Oxycontin as non habit forming when their internal documents showed they knew it was addictive?

What was deceptive?

Mine is the plain English in which it is written view. And yes, mine is the only correct view.

1 Like

Did Remington market their rifles as non-lethal?

Analogy fail.

4 Likes

For some reason, Remington agreed to allow the Plaintiffs to publish the discovery documents. I expect to find the answers to that in the coming days/weeks.

Good.

Nope, sorry. Plain English allows for infringement to be interpreted differently.

But we’ve been around and around on this, let’s not do it again.