Sandy Hook families reach $73 million settlement with riflemaker Remington

First a win against Alex Jones and the downright filth he was peddling regarding Sandy Hook and now this.

The families of this tragedy are fighters and they have not let up.

Always the firearmā€™s fault.

ā– ā– ā– ā–  this ruling.

6 Likes

Rifle makers shouldnā€™t be responsible for this.

But Remington settled, so Iā€™m not going to use bytes arguing against it.

1 Like

Remington are idiots.

6 Likes

This was an ugly crime perpetuated by a damaged individual.

The makers of his Rx cocktail are more responsible. Keep missing the important details and no solution will be found.

Remington should not have made this settlement. 33 million (last summers offer) pays for a lot of lawyer time.

1 Like

I wish they wouldnā€™t have settled, but I do want to see what they are supposedly releasing that shows Remingtonā€™s wrong doing. I am curious if they settled because they actually did something wrong (IMO) or if they were just worried a jury would hold them responsible no matter what.

Take a guess.

And now it will never end

4 Likes

Itā€™s not a ruling but a settlement,

Allan

1 Like

Anyone with and IQ above a shoe size would know not to have weapons around this kid he was obviously a cannon ready to go off.
Screenshot 2022-02-15 121838

Not only that but to teach a mentally crazy child how to shoot. He was obviously out of his mind. There are two people to blame for this horrible tragedy the parents and Adam Lanza. 99.9% of us that buys Remington or any other gun will not do this or let a weapon get in the hands of a kid that makes eugenics sound like not such a bad idea.

5 Likes

I personally believe they were afraid they would be held liable regardless, but I am still interested in seeing what it is that the opposing lawyers say proves their guilt.

1 Like

Proof that Idiocracy really was an American documentary.

4 Likes

Bingo, why else would they first offer 33 million get rejected and then more then double their settlement offer?

ā€œThe settlement agreement also allows the families to make public thousands of pages of ā€œinternal company documents that prove Remingtonā€™s wrongdoing,ā€ attorneys for the plaintiffs said in a press release.ā€

We will have to wait and see what those areā€¦

They know how dumbed down the potential jurors are.

No thatā€™s not itā€¦a more likely scenario would be bad optics and terrible press

1 Like

I agree with you, but both of those are factors in the dumbing down of the populace.

ā€œThe settlement agreement also allows the families to make public thousands of pages of ā€œinternal company documents that prove Remingtonā€™s wrongdoing,ā€ attorneys for the plaintiffs said in a press release.ā€

Good Ol CNBC. Proliferation of lies. Great embellishments by plaintiffs attorneys. Remington as a company marched right down to Sandy Hook and mowed ā€˜em down.
A precedent unfortunately has been set. Get ready for more litigation against gun manufacturers.

Howā€¦in the hellā€¦could this be the gunmakerā€™s fault in any way, shape or form? I canā€™t wait to see what the ā€œfamiliesā€ release proving Remington bears guilt in this.

2 Likes

Actually it was several individuals first the shooter then Jones. Suing a gun manufacturer in a case where the kid stole his parents gun and shot one of them first is just wrong imo.

Cancel culture

Remington had the chance to have their day in court they decided to settleā€¦