San Francisco. Poop city

Complete thread fail - AGAIN.

1 Like

To what? To your assertion that under republicans there was “virtually no homelessness”

What you remember doesn’ t mean whatever ■■■■ you make up has any validity

Oh really? How about this this one that comes from the popular San Fran cisco website SFGATE. Are they failing too?
:poop::poop::poop::poop:

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/map-street-sidewalk-poop-feces-311-report-waste-13278828.php

If you don’t believe my memory, then use yours… You’ve seen it explode over the last decade at least.

I’m sure Cal has much the same growth as NYC

FWIW, the unemployment rate in San Francisco is currently 2.4%.

Your saying the streets are cleaner today then they were 2 years ago/

And doesn’t it have like the 5th largest economy in the WORLD?

1 Like

You really are googling hard to prove your OP is valid.

One question - how do these maps distinguish between dog poop and human? You started the OP focusing on human poop so I assume that is what is concerning you. Because lets be honest you were trying to make a comment about SF homelessness problem and tie that into a criticism of more liberal policies that you disagree with.

I am saying this is yet ANOTHER example of the right wing media feedback loop glomming onto something and twisting it around until it becomes virally stupid and has no relationship with its initial intent.

The girl who made this map took it down because of this kind of nonsense. It wasn’t a city funded project, it was a single web developer organizing a data feed that would probably be similar in any major metropolitan area. (IE very large concentration of humans)

Is that because of so many homeless?

Dunno, the map provided is inclusive from 2011 through 2019. If the map could parse out 2017 data and 2019 data, we could see how things have changed.

They need porta/potties

They don’t have any money. They cut funding to parks and rec. who maintains public restrooms. Now they have a poopfest on their hands. They just need somebody who has a clue as to how to propertly spend tax dollars.

Maybe that have to put those plastic bags on poles like they do to clean up after pets. Need a bigger pooper-scooper though.

That would be back in 1970. And at that time there was a homeless problem throughout the Bay Area.
And one of the major factors that added to the homeless problem in the early 1970’s was a bill signed by Ronald Reagan when he was governor. It greatly reduced the funding for state mental institutions. The result was that there was not care available for a large number of returning GI’s from the Viet Nam war.
This put thousands of them on the streets who would normally have been institutionalized.
San Francisco is my home town. And during the last few years I have taken a interest in the problems there. Members of both parties have offered and instituted various programs to try to deal with the problems. They have tried different forms of funding and support programs. And so far they have not been able to find a viable solution.
So many people on these boards and elsewhere who have leveled blame for many of California’s problems without doing their homework. There are issues that are serious and the time wasted in laying blame would be better spent understanding and offering solutions.

5 Likes

Oh… Then why haven’t the dems governors changed the law? And the real thing that opened the mental institution was a campaign by liberals, and media the peak of which was a movie called “One flew over the coocoo’s nest” …

Pooplosi doesn’t care. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I like when righties figure out basic things like children…

And today’s lesson is “oh wow, homeless people also don’t have bathrooms!”.

2 Likes

Buy the time Reagan was not governor many of the facilities had been emptied and sold. There were projects to re-instate care, but in many cases the damage had been done and the costs were met with a lot of push-back. Then when Reagan became POTUS he go rid of mental health funding that had been started by JFK and increased by Carter. Without that federal money many states could not support many of the mental health programs that they had. This caused more people who were institutionalized to be released, adding to the homeless problem.