Sadly, the 5th Circuit upheld the constitutionality of an all male draft, it is now upon Congress to act (Poll: Should Congress end Selective Service or should they expand Selective Service to include women?)

She is enlisted. 18C I believe.

Yep. Sure are.

Because I am absolutely sure I am far from the last man in America who feels it’s his duty to protect his wife and children, from all comers.

They are serving now.

maybe their doing SF differently or they are just further along. As far as I know, their aren’t any 11B’s or 13B’s yet. If so, is what it is… 50/50

Mine aren’t.

:rofl: Doing SF differently?

Ok…

Neither my wife or daughters were raised with the understanding or view they would have to one day go to war. They are not psychologically or constitutionally capable of it, not now, not after training. Sending them would be signing their death warrants.

Men since the 1970s, outside of military families, haven’t been raised with that mind set either. The last draftee was inducted in 1973.

1 Like

Lol. Before they would reach the point of having to start drafting women, some heavy weaponry would start to fly. Those weapons would not be the ones you would like to see. Drafting of women will not happen.

Boys are still more likely to be raised with the mindset and constitution for war.

Playing with dolls and being focused on nurturing didn’t prepare my girls for it. Meanwhile, I spent my childhood getting in physical fights, hunting and outdoor activities. They’d suffer ptsd if someone slapped them.

Here is an opportunity for me to make a point.

Conscription does not equal to induction.

Many women would likely get 4F and that would be that.

Even if inducted, many more women than men would likely not make the cut at the induction center or in basic training and would be sent home.

I didn’t say they weren’t in shape, oldest ones near Olympic level fit that doesn’t mean she is psychologically fit for warfare.

They are volunteering now not being drafted.

Indeed. They can be voluntold just as well. There is no reason not to draft females.

I have 3 grown daughters that aren’t serving now either. I would be quite P.O.ed if they were drafted for combat.

Would it be any different for a son?

You must not have daughters. I have 3 of them.

Nope, I have a son. Why him, not them?