RYAN’S REVOLT: Paul Ryan Says FBI was Right to Spy on Trump Campaign

Originally published at: RYAN’S REVOLT: Paul Ryan Says FBI was Right to Spy on Trump Campaign | Sean Hannity

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan publicly broke with President Trump Wednesday, backing Rep. Trey Gowdy’s earlier comments that the FBI acted properly by using an informant to interact with the Trump campaign.

Earlier this week, Gowdy stunned viewers when he told Fox News, “I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump.”

Speaker Ryan doubled-down on Gowdy’s statement Wednesday, saying “I think Chairman Gowdy’s initial assessment is accurate… We have some more digging to do.”

“We have some more documents to review. We still have some unanswered questions… If we got all the information we were looking for, we could wrap this up faster,” Ryan added.

Congressional investigators are awaiting a trove of documents from the FBI and the Department of Justice surrounding the possible “inside man” interacting with the Trump campaign during the 2016 race for the White House.

h/t Washington Examiner