Rubio: 'No evidence' that corporate tax cut is overwhelmingly benefiting workers

Time to start talking to your state and local political hacks about lowering your state income tax, and property tax.

Well that’s gonna suck for 3 groups in those states…

Democrats
Republicans
Independents

Plus our debt is exploding. So basically all kids too (so Trump could give himself a massive tax cut).

As I have in the past, I still propose a balanaced budget amendment, and a flat tax rate where EVERYONE pays an income tax.

But until then I’m happy to have the $72 a month of MY money, and the extra money I’m not paying in Utilities, and to my car insurance company.

As Minnesota had a surplus, that’s what they are doing.

I love living in a high tax state. I don’t want to live in a state with no services, lousy schools and meager safety nets for those less fortunate than myself.

I just don’t like that this tax increase is going to the extremely wealthy and corporations.

How can you say you want a balanced budget while applauding a tax plan that adds 1.8T to the deficit over the next ten years?

2 Likes

Iirc, 33 states have a state income tax and everyone who owns their own home, that I’m aware of pays property taxes. Granted not as high as NY, NJ, CT, etc.

He is saying workers have seen no benefits.

It’s normally the immature kids who don’t care how much of their parents money they spend.

In this case it’s the irresponsible and greedy adults who don’t care about the debt they leave their own kids.

That sounds just like Donald Trump.

Well, no one ever supports “big government”. “High taxes” are usually supported as a means to some other end(s).

But umm… (feigns shrill indignation)
“Yes but, no longer will richnew yorkers and hollywood celebs get a subsidy from honest hard working Americans in flyover country.”

I know you’ve seen my balanced budget proposal (constitutional amendment):

-Balanced budget 5 years after passage
-5% of federal revenu to public debt 5 years after first balanced budget

And on personal taxes:

• Single rate determined to be revenue neutral
  • one tax peryer per tax form
  • one deduction per tax form = to 80% of federal minimum wage

Corporate tax:

-Single rate determined to be revenue neutral
-deduct anything taxed on personal level
-single deduction for businesses (a set percentage)

Tax rate adjustments:

-simple 50+1 majority vote both houses, president signiture to decrease BOTH tax rates symultaniously
-3/4 vote of both house and senate, president signiture to increase BOTH tax rates symultaniously.

Now as for the tax reform passed. When it comes to business (corp) tax. Hopefully it will keep more companies here in the US. As has been stated, it tweeks things so companies won’t keep hordes of cash offshore - and given an incentive to bring what they were stock piling back home.

With any luck a year or so out, those companies will start using the extra money to fuel the economy (remember 500+ companies have already publicily announced they will be giveing some combination of raises, increasing investment (new equipment), expanding, bonuses). Who knows how many more are or have started doing that without tooting their own horn about it.

The hardest part of any plan like this is how to actually reduce the budget.

This plan just punts that problem to someone else.

Sounds just like the view of the Democrats in the past. They never cared about spending as long as it went to THEIR pet projects/causes.

Now that it’s something they don’t like (aka tax cuts instead of social spending), They are crying about the debt.

Consider the ACA, where they went through extensive and difficult task of funding what is clearly a large spending bill. That wasn’t easy but they did it.

That’s the kind of effort you won’t see from this Republican Party.

Do you believe Rubio is misinformed, or intentionally lying about the GOP’s only real piece of legislative achievement under Trump? Why do you think he disagrees with your assessment here?

I don’t know what his intention is. I only know what I’ve seen from press releases from individual companies. Knowing what the tax rates now are for personal and corporate. Also knowing that corporations most likely won’t be leaving money oversea’s.

We all have our own interpretation of the numbers. Mine apparently disagree’s with Rubio (Who if you were here during the last election cycle you will remember I called him an idiot then as well).

1 Like

Fair enough. And yes, I do actually remember that. :smile:

I support big government and high taxes.

This was less than a month after the law was passed.

A week before that they had an article saying 150 companies.

There was a web sit that was listing every company they could find that was offering any combination of wage increase, bonus, increase in bennefits, increase in updating the machinery and that. Last I saw of that list it was over 500 companies and that was mid February.

The list that gave 150 companies said it was resulting in increased income for 2 million workers. If that list has gone up 5 fold that would be 10 million workers. Some companies will wait until they have a full year under their belt to determine what action they will take.

Either way it’s still impressive in my opinion. Rubio was and is an idiot.