ROSEANNE BARRED: ABC Cancels ‘Roseanne’ Over ‘Repugnant’ Tweets

Originally published at: ROSEANNE BARRED: ABC Cancels ‘Roseanne’ Over ‘Repugnant’ Tweets | Sean Hannity

Hit sitcom ‘Roseanne’ was abruptly canceled by ABC Tuesday just hours after the iconic comedian posted “racist” and “abhorrent” tweets about Chelsea Clinton and former Obama aide Valerie Jarrett; with network executives saying the comments were “inconsistent” with their values.

“Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” said ABC Entertainment President Channing Dungey.

The news comes just hours after the comic lashed out at George Soros, Chelsea Clinton, Valerie Jarrett, and made a series of comments regarding conspiracy theories surrounding the CIA and other agencies.

Barr apologized to the senior Obama official earlier Tuesday, saying "I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans. I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me — my joke was in bad taste.”

https://twitter.com/therealroseanne/status/1001471669641216005

“Roseanne’s recent comments about Valerie Jarrett, and so much more, are abhorrent and do not reflect the beliefs of our cast and crew or anyone associated with our show. I am disappointed in her actions to say the least,” said Barr’s co-star Sara Gilbert.

Read the full story at Fox News.

I fully expect all those that lined up to proclaim “free speech has consequences” when Kathy Griffin’s career suffered, and about how viewership dropped because of the flag protests, to come here and say ABC was fully justified in canceling Roseanne over this.

1 Like

Play stupid games

win stupid prizes

2 Likes

Don’t hold your breath or you might die.

Sounds about right.

Now we can anticipate a few shutins to waddle in here pretending that it wasn’t a racist tweet at all.

Making fun of others’ appearance on visible social media is more the sort of behavior I’d expect from bored, mean spirited teenagers and not from a middle aged adult with a hit series.

It had viewers’ approval, and, due to the star’s carelessly running her mouth, it’s been canceled. What a shame some think that because something can be said that it should be.

She was stupid. She just had to keep her mouth shut and ride the gravy train and couldn’t and in the process screwed over a ton of people today who are now out of work because of her.

1 Like

This for sure.

Shutting up is a lost art.

2 Likes

Let me be the first independent (who ends up voting republican) to say. ABC was 100% justified in cancelling her show.

4 Likes

It’s sad that you’re the only one stating this in this entire forum.

1 Like

To be fair, there is another thread on this topic worth far more replies, and at least a few connies have admitted what barr said was racist.

1 Like

I was pissed yesterday that as the President of the United States placed a wreath on the unknown soldiers grave that ABC was the only channel to not break away to broadcast the memorial of all those who gave their lives. At the time my thought was that I want to watch Roseanne but not ABC now I don’t have to worry and hoping that a fox network picks up the show so I don’t have to watch it on a fake-un American news channel…

that’s not an ABC decision to break away. That’s a decision made by the ABC affiliate in your market. Take it up with the people who run your local ABC station.

You don’t think ABC is afraid of “strong conservative women,” or is stifling free speech?

That is false. You’ve even replied to my posts saying the same as Snow.

There are at least two innocent souls in the other thread who don’t know how the tweet could be racist, despite multiple explanations.

And one who thinks Roseanne was a liberal plant.

You’re not a trump supporter.

“innocent” isn’t the first word that comes to my mind there.

Ok sorry. I misunderstood your post.