Richard Branson: America, give out free cash

My plan takes nothing from anyone’s pocket.

There’s no evidence to support that contention. The failures of Obama’s various stimulus pans demonstrated that perfectly. Instead of fueling a recovery most of it ended up in the pockets of corporations and the ultra rich and the deficit exploded.

We then ended up with the worst recovery in economic history and nearly a decade without any growth in wages for those who were working.

Of course it does. That money has to come from the revenues taken from the 53% who do pay taxes.

Nothing makes the deficit I propose any different than any other deficit. The one difference is that such a plan actually has a chance of paying for itself and benefiting the forgotten man unlike other schemes.

History and the facts demonstrate otherwise and sooner or later we’ve got to find some way to eliminate our deficit and start paying the debt down or the rest of the world is going to move away from the USD as the default currency for international trading.

No, we don’t.

What makes you think Drug Dealers dont contribute to the economy? They are heavy consumers. Buy houses , cars etc

And repeating it won’t make it true. You never have and never will be able to demonstrate that sooner or later the debt is not going to cause the USD to lose it’s standing int he world.

The only thing propping up the USD at all is the stability of the US gov’t and the faith foreign gov’ts have in it.

He didn’t say anything about dealers.

I don’t assume anything. There will be some who over spend. Money loses it’s value when you don’t do anything to earn it. There is a certain sector who have done absolutely nothing to prepare themselves for life. Dropped out of school, made no attempt to learn a trade, got involved with drugs and have spent time in jail. Now they are suddenly suppose to become responsible? Why would you assume that nobody would blow their free money?

Counting on drug dealers to grow the economy though is borderline insanity.

Perhaps but he did mention drug dealers

Umm, No, he did not,

I don’t assume anything. There will be some who over spend. Money loses it’s value when you don’t do anything to earn it. There is a certain sector who have done absolutely nothing to prepare themselves for life. Dropped out of school, made no attempt to learn a trade, got involved with drugs and have spent time in jail. Now they are suddenly suppose to become responsible? Why would you assume that nobody would blow their free money?

So you believe there is no profit in illicit drugs. Uh ok

You haven’t demonstrated that it will.

You either need to learn to read or to quit making things up, or both.

History demonstrates that it will. No nation or even empire in world history has amassed the kind of debt we have without failing eventually.

Which country or nation are you referring to that has/had $21 trillion in debt?

Great point. None of them ever approached the same level of debt we’re carrying without eventually failing.

So we’ve moved from “amassed” to “approached.” Ok. Can you name one of these countries that has amassed or approached $21 million and failed?

Which of these words are you struggling with, perhaps I can help?

Great point. None of them ever approached the same level of debt we’re carrying without eventually failing.

Too bad for them, fewer and fewer people are buying their product.