Richard Branson: America, give out free cash

Nothing wrong with a little play fighting between the boys.

But thatā€™s not what they suggest is it? Itā€™s always about keeping their money and you giving up yours for their cause.

2 Likes

Well letā€™s see, we can reduce the work week, that should buy us some time. Instead of fewer jobs, fewer hours spread among more people. It should also cost quite a bit less for food and shelter given cheaper robotic labor. But I donā€™t believe there will be fewer jobs. The advent of our current technology increased wages and opportunity, at least I am not seeing millions of unemployed farmers and buggy whip makers roaming the wasteland looking for jobs.

Well of course. Why be generous with your own cash when you can get the self aggrandizing reward of giving someone elseā€™s cash away. I mean come on now, nothing beats bragging about your generous nature to your social circles without having to dip into your own wallet. Only those lowly rubes donate from their own accounts.

1 Like

And just to show how empathetic I am to the plight of the poor, I suggest Mr. Branson donate 99% of his wealth to a charity of my choosingā€¦because Iā€™m so damn generous.

Wow, I feel better about myself alreadyā€¦I think I deserve a new yacht.

2 Likes

No. Get rid of a program that takes money from someone who worked hard as hell for it and giving it to someone who did nothing at all to earn it. And yes, that would be very un American.

And again. Why isnā€™t Richard doing this right now? Why does he need billions of dollars when so many have so little? He could bring nearly the entire country of Haiti out of poverty all by himself. But the selfish bastard refuses.

Iā€™m applying as the captain. I really donā€™t know the first thing about sailing a yacht. But maybe Sir Richard will pay me a captainā€™s salary to stay home and watch my grass grow? That would be the fair thing to do.

In all seriousness, if Iā€™m going to be canonized for my saintly level of generosity within this decade, Iā€™m just going to have to dip into old Sorosā€™ pile-o-plunder too. Clearly with the amount he wastes on ridiculous leftist schemes he has too much on his hands. And I, being the living embodiment of generosity, have decided to take on the burden of properly distributing his lifestyle work to those that need it.

ā€¦because Iā€™m just that amazing of a human being.

No no, please, donā€™t thank meā€¦I do these absolutely wonderful things out of the kindness of my heart, it truly is my pleasure.

2 Likes

Incredible arrogance and cockiness. It rivals my own. I love it!!!

As someone once said:
ā€œItā€™s not arrogance if itā€™s trueā€
Granted, I donā€™t recall who said it, as likely their station didnā€™t rise to a level important enough for someone as grand as I to remember. But nonetheless, it is trueā€¦and so is my greatness.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

Ironically, itā€™s in many cases the good jobs that people crow about having now that are going to go away, not just manual labor. Middle management? IT? IS? Expert systems can do about three quarters of those jobs, or will be able to in ten or fifteen years.

Everyone ignores that for some reason.

Typical feel good liberalism that would only encourage more sloth and laziness. If you want someone to truly appreciate something they need to earn it.

1 Like

The horror!!:scream:

This program could pay for itself in economic growth. If we just assume it wonā€™t be revenue neutral for the first decade or so and be patient, maybe there will be a benefit.

You mean like the war on poverty has paid for itself and increased economic growth?

1 Like

This is a new approach. Is there any harm in trying?

A great deal, all it would do is encourage sloth, laziness, and dependency.

1 Like

I donā€™t think Americans are that lazy. They work pretty hard, comparatively.

Would it be any less effective than the other schemes that have tried to lift the boats of the lower and lower middle class? Wasnā€™t Trump elected because those guys are just sick of getting nothing for throwing out their backs in a lifetime of work?